PDA

View Full Version : Would really love some help picking a stroller!

debincali
07-15-2005, 12:27 AM
Thanks in advance for your help...I have been trying to figure this out and feel soooo lost!

I need something that I can use on the horrible sidewalks in my neighborhood and also use on trails (just hiking...I'm not a jogger) so I have been looking mostly at all-terrain strollers. I will also use it for errands in stores I can walk to from my home so it doesn't need to go in and out of the car a lot but I'd like something that could manuever relatively well down aisles. And...since I'm more than a little bit neurotic...I'd like a stroller that allows me to see my 4 month old (either a reversible stroller or one with a really good veiwing window). I'm willing to spend some $$ but nothing outrageous.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you!!!!!!

Deb

SweetTooth
07-15-2005, 12:53 AM
I have a Valco Runabout & we use it for just about the same things as you listed. It's been great & has only been too big for a drug store check out aisle (fine in grocery store aisles). However, it does not allow you to see your baby. The Valco Rebel does have a reversible seat, but I'm not sure about the width. Other popular ones are the Mountain Buggy Urban Single & Phil & Ted's e3, however they don't reverse. Some of the Zooper 3-wheelers do, but I don't know which ones. Hopefully this gives you a start & some of the more experienced stroller moms will chime in.

sobers3
07-15-2005, 07:02 AM
At first, while reading your post, I would have said Mountain Buggy Urban Single, but then I read that you would like to see your baby. So, I think a Bugaboo would be ideal for you. It's expensive, but meets your requirements. I have both the MBUS and the Bugaboo Cameleon. GL Mary

mariza
07-15-2005, 09:05 AM
I haven't seen it IRL, but read great things about the Zooper Boogie, a 3-wheeler with a reversable seat. I just got an older model Zooper (Zoop Air) and the quality is excellent. HTH!

debincali
07-15-2005, 08:16 PM
Thanks soooo much for your suggestions!

Unfortunately, the Bugaboo is too expensive for me.

My worry with the Zooper Boogie is that it's so big and heavy! Even though I won't be hauling it in and out of the car every day, that still seems like a lot of stroller to manage around town and I'd have to get it up the 3 steps to my house. Am I being overly concerned about this?

Thank you all...I *really* appreciate the help!!!

Deb : )