PDA

View Full Version : Inglesina Stroller & Graco Snugride

lena515
07-16-2005, 07:23 AM
I just receieved the Inglesina Espresso Stroller & the website said that it was compatible with the Graco Snugride. I have not been able to figure out how to snap in my Snugride into the stroller. Do you have any recommendations or experiences with this? Thanks!

CarrieMaro
07-17-2005, 12:42 AM
This is a longer answer than I thought it would be -- maybe I'm getting more technical than you really need. If so, forgive me!

I have the 2004 Inglesina Zippy and used it with my Graco Snugride while my son (now 9 months) was still in his carrier. Here's how it worked: the carrier will hook in (not exactly "snap" as it would in a Graco stroller) to the napper bar if you remove the vinyl cover from the napper bar. Use the red (at least on mine) release on the bottom of one side of the napper bar -- just don't put your face too close, because the release is spring loaded and it will shoot the napper bar right out at you. Could be painful! Anyway, once you release one side of the napper bar, slide off the cover and put the bar back into the arm. The hook on the SnugRide should now fit nicely on the napper bar.

HOWEVER, the instructions still say to use the straps provided to secure the carrier to the stroller. This is kind of a pain, because they're just plain old webbing straps with buckles, but I did it anyway because it just seemed safer. I remember being ticked because the straps that came with my stroller were navy blue, even though my stroller was black/tan/red. I called the company and they said that was the only color they make them in (at least at the time). To put the straps on the stroller, you have to pop the cover off each arm rest (not hard to do) and feed the strap through, then put the cover back on. If I remember, the instructions showed pretty clearly how to do it.

Even though I thought it would have been nice to have a system that worked together a little better, I always felt my baby was safe in his Snugride/Zippy combo. By 4 months, the carrier was history and I've really enjoyed just using the Zippy on its own, so I'm happy we ended up going this route. We'll use the same two pieces with our second one down the road.

Good luck and enjoy your outings with your little one!

Nikshim
08-12-2005, 01:24 PM
Hi,
I was looking at the Inglesina for my 8 month old? As a result, I won't be using the car seat feature. What do you think? What other strollers did you consider?
Thanks
Nik