PDA

View Full Version : Protect-a-bub, rayshade or pepeny?

indigo
07-16-2005, 02:26 PM
Hello stroller experts! I'm finally fed up with the puny canopy of our Quest and in the market for an add-on shade. We also have a Zippy and a Sit N Stroll, so I'm wondering if any of the above shades (or another you can suggest) would work with all three, or at least the Zippy and Quest? Is one brand easier to use than another? Cheaper?

(I know they sell a canopy for the Sit N Stroll, I imagine I could attach the "extra" shade to that.)

thanks for any ideas you may have!

indigo
DD 7/04
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_garnet_6m.gif
twelve months and counting!

CoopersMom
07-16-2005, 11:08 PM
I have not been able to figure out any difference btw the rayshade or pepeny, except that the rayshade costs less than half as much. I have a rayshade and think it's great. Don't know about protect-a-bub.
How do you like your sit N stroll?
Kate S.,
Cooper's mom

Susann
07-17-2005, 12:29 AM
I'm not familiar with Pepeny but I have both the Protect-A-Bub and the Rayshade. I like the RayShade better for two reasons: it's much easier to put on because it has velcro and it's cheaper.

Susann

indigo
07-17-2005, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the reviews! I Will go check out the Rayshade at BRU (I *think* they have them there).

Re: the Sit N Stroll - we love it! It's great for what it is - a convenience, meaning that you don't have to haul both a seat and a stroller on a trip. It's not as good as a single-purpose stroller or car seat, but that's not what it's designed for. It's a bit lower to the ground than a regular stroller, even compared to our Quest.

We have found an unexpected benefit in that it works a little like the infant carrier - if baby falls asleep in the seat, you can pull it and her out of the car and bring her into the house still sleeping. (We don't leave her in the seat all night, just while she finishes her nap sometimes.) Also it's helpful if you are catching a (one-way) ride with someone who doesn't have a car seat installed: for instance, we rode with a friend on the way to meet up with my husband for dinner, then we came home with DH after dinner. And finally, when I've left it out on the floor, DD likes to climb into it like it's her own little lounger :0), and it's low enough to the ground that I don't worry about her falling out of it.

Apologies for the novel! Thanks again for the feedback!

indigo
DD 7/04
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_garnet_6m.gif
twelve months and counting!