PDA

View Full Version : Help with Stroller Choice--I know there are a million of these!

gelb_girlz
07-17-2005, 01:57 PM
I know there are a million threads about stoller choices. I am adding to them!

I am looking for something lightweight that I can use for everyday. I plan on keeping it in the car for quick trips to the mall, dropping my older DD at pre-school, etc.

I have a combi but it is 4 years old & has been on a plane 10 times & has seen better days! I already have a PP Milano which I love for long walks & days at the mall but it is so heavy!

I want easy fold & lightweight. I was going to get a Metrolite but it has such terrible reviews. I am looking at PP Pliko P3, Zippy or Espresso. Any other suggestions? Do you love any of these over others?

I need a good hood for the stoller b/c I have to walk my DD into school everyday even in bad weather. I'd like a decent basket and I'd like a parent tray but think I'll live without it.

OK---give me opinions, suggestions! I need to get something soon. The baby just turned 6 months & I had to move her into the Britax. She is a big baby & long (looks like a 12 month old).
Thanks in advance ~*~*~*
Marlyn

mommato2boys
07-17-2005, 04:11 PM
For a light weight stroller, I love my Maclarens. i recently bought a new Quest but haven't used it yet but love my volo. The are very light weight. Very easy in and out of the car.

HIU8
07-18-2005, 10:14 AM
IMO the Quest is the best. We love ours. It goes everywhere with us. It is lightweight, easy to fold and unfold. downsides--non-existent basket, but you can hang a skip hop (or like bag) from the handles. Plus you can ad an aftermarket insulated cupholder to the handles and it works great!

HTh

Heather
DS Coby 11/27/04

dules
07-18-2005, 11:51 AM
I don't think you can go wrong with the P3 or Zippy. The Maclarens are nice too but you will need an extra sun shade as their canopies are not as substantial.

I recently purchased a Zippy because I liked the fabric choices and because the seat back is taller than the P3's...but I see toddlers looking comfortable in P3s all the time so I think both seats are sufficient.

Good luck!

Best,
Mary

gelb_girlz
07-18-2005, 07:29 PM
Thanks for your opinions. I went to check out a P3, an Aria and a Zippy. I like them all! Too bad I can't have them all-I never thought of Macs because they don't have a bar in the front. Even though DD is only 6 months-she is already lounging out with her feet up on the bar in the PP Milano.

I guess I'll check them out at Babies R US too.

thanks!
Marlyn