PDA

View Full Version : $60 Volos at TJMaxx

phirey
07-17-2005, 07:33 PM
I saw another post that also said they're at Marshalls. I haven't seen any there, so i don't know that they've got, but I found a Volo for $60 at TJ Maxx the other day. I think it's older, since it has no accessories. It's khaki with green and blue and black stripes in no particular pattern. Can anybody identify it and tell me if it's worth it? I really think I'd prefer the option of a canopy etc., but if this is a steal...

emmasmama
07-17-2005, 08:33 PM
I checked the TJMaxx near me and they didn't have any, so maybe it's regional? We're in MD...

It sounds like you're describing the Woodash Stripe (maybe a less popular color?)... I think if you're not looking for the extra stuff then this sounds like a steal... the newer model comes with a canopy, but I think the padding and other accessories are still extra. If you break it down, I guess that means you're basically paying about $40 just for a canopy to get the newer model (plus of course more choice of colors). I think for the quality of the stroller and longevity (higher weight limit, better construction) this sounds like a great deal (assuming you don't need the canopy). I see the Volo as being good for quick in and out of the car and esp for plane travel I think it would be great, but I'm sure others who own them could comment more on how they use them.

HTH,

stcelia
07-17-2005, 08:35 PM
There's one at the Buckhead Marshall's in Atlanta. It's still boxed, so I couldn't tell anything about it. I wasn't sure if it was that great of a deal or not, but thought I'd mention it in case anyone wants it. There is a PP Primo Viaggio there for $50 in an open box, too.

mommato2boys
07-17-2005, 08:52 PM
I have an older Volo and love it. It is so easy and light. I got it when DS#1 didn't need a stroller all day but needed it cause he couldn't walk ALL day when we went out for a long day trip. It works great!!! Mine doesn't have a canopy but since my son is on the tall side, that was a plus since he came close to his head touching most canopies. I have even used it for DS#2 but only short trips in some where since he is only 7 months old and doesn't seem as comfy as an older child is in it. Well worth the money IMO!

Ksinglet
07-18-2005, 12:34 PM
Its the 2004 volo in wood ash stripe. I bought one and then found a great deal on the accessory pack at a local baby store (they are $39 at the Maclaren website but you can look around and get them cheaper probably)

phirey
07-18-2005, 08:54 PM
OK, so um, dumb question. But if I buy the stroller and then turn around and spend $40 on an accessory kit, how do I come out ahead of a fully equipped 2005 volo? If I don't then it doesn't seem like such a deal.

emmasmama
07-19-2005, 07:28 AM
If you buy a 2005, it doesn't come with the accessory kit, that's still extra (I think it's for seat padding, etc.). So you'd be paying like $140 if you wanted the extras. But it does come with the canopy included, so if that's all you want, you'd come out at the same price as buying the older model and then adding on the accessories kit - ~$100. I think that's right anyway. I checked our TJMaxx and Marshall's again yesterday and they definitely don't have it where I am, so if someone's looking for this, I'd call around first.

genndan100502
07-19-2005, 05:22 PM
I got a pad and hood set from Silvercrossbaby.com that fits the mac volos for $7. you have to go directly through customerservice at silvercrossbaby dot com to see if they still have any from their wearhouse sale.

LuxyBebe
07-19-2005, 11:48 PM
Thanks to stcelia for the heads up on the Viaggio carseat. I found one in the original box at my Marshalls today for $70. It was the last one left in all the Marshalls in Tucson, AZ. I'm glad I found it and I love the color too! City Chic! Thanks again. BTW Both my TJMAXX and Marshalls had about 3-4 Volos left.

-KIM