PDA

View Full Version : Pliko or Triumph for Disney?

nitaghei
07-18-2005, 02:22 PM
Those are my only choices. I am NOT buying a new stroller for a 5 day trip I don't want to go on.

Long story, but I'll be on my own with DS until we get to Florida. So I'll have the carseat, stroller, luggage and DS to deal with. The Triumph is a awesome travel stroller (loved it when I went to India with DS by myself). But the Pliko seems a better idea for using when while in Orlando (nicer canopy, more comfy overall). FWIW, DS is a strange child in that he *loves* the Triumph, and has more than once demanded to ride in the Triumph over the Pliko. And I have a rain canopy for for the Triumph, though I'd be willing to get an aftermarket product for the Pliko, if necessary. The advantage of the Pliko while travelling is that I could pile everything on it, and wear DS in a Kozy or sling. DS is two and a half years old, and I anticipate him walking a fair amount but also riding enough that a comfy stroller would be worthwhile.

In the scheme of things, not a big deal, but I'd appreciate advice!!

TIA

Nita (fleece is my friend)
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker (at the Rainbow Bridge)

mommato2boys
07-18-2005, 02:38 PM
I would say take which ever has a bigger basket, the piko? That way you have room for snacks and extra at disney.

Momof3Labs
07-18-2005, 02:46 PM
The Pliko. He won't walk that much at Disney, quite honestly. It's a ton of walking even for an adult, plus you constantly worry about losing them in the masses of people. See my post below to Audrey about strollers at WDW - I explained why I'll take the P3 next time we go rather than our Maclaren.

nitaghei
07-18-2005, 03:00 PM
Thanks Lori! Found your post. We'll be in WDW in September, too. I think you talked me into the Pliko, too. :)

Nita (fleece is my friend)
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker (at the Rainbow Bridge)

Java
07-18-2005, 03:41 PM
FYI - My friend got her Pliko stolen at Disney (Anaheim). I couldn't believe it - at the Happiest Place on Earth! And it couldn't have been mistaken identity because all her stuff and her son's stuff was in the basket.

Anyway, I started locking our Triumph with a bike lock to whatever that's stationary (like a fence/gate) just in case.

Have fun!

Momof3Labs
07-18-2005, 04:07 PM
Though keep in mind that the cast members at WDW (don't know about DL) don't like you to lock your stroller to something stationary because they need to rearranage strollers periodically. You can run a bike lock through the front wheels so that they can move the stroller by tipping it on its back wheels.

IMO, though, DS was in and out of the stroller too much for rides and shows, and stopping to deal with a lock each time would have driven me nuts. Yes, there is stroller theft at Disney just like there is anywhere, but it is relatively rare.