PDA

View Full Version : my 2 year old is too broad for doubles??

mom2lukas
05-03-2006, 09:35 AM
i took DS (he turns 2 next week!) to the local baby store so he could try out the double strollers. except he is too broad! he's not a wide boy. he looks skinny to me. but he is tall for his age. when he sat in the doubles i was considering (twin swift, twin techno, and aria twin), he was scrunching his shoulders. is that normal? he just seemed too big for it.

i really need a twin (DD is 5 months and probably 19 lbs now, so she's gotta get outta the infant car seat), but i want one that can fit thru doorways. the ones i was looking at all say "up to 40 or 45 lbs". DS isn't even 30 lbs but i don't think he'll be able to sit in a double for that much longer.

anyone else have similar problems? or anyone have a stroller they love that will fit broad kiddies? i really don't want a tandem, and MBUDs/P&Ts/Valcos are just more than what i want to spend. or should i say, more than what DH wants to spend! hahahaa.

any suggestions/thoughts would be appreciated!
thanks in advance!
joey :)

tjteems
05-03-2006, 12:04 PM
I have your same dilema and for big kids, the only real option is more expensive ones. I've decided on a Valco, but still searching for a used one before I spend all that money. Dreamer Design has a new one coming out that has a great seat height, but it won't fit through doorways and doesn't have a full recline. It seems that if you want it all, you have to spend the money. Arghh. . .Good luck in your search.

BellaGirl
05-03-2006, 02:40 PM
I'm due with baby #2 and have started looking into double strollers...but still not sure which way to go. Like your son, my DS is almost 2 and he's a solid little guy...totally skinny...but quite broad at the shoulders.

I put him in the P&T's e3 and he already looked scrunched! I was really bummed because I thought this was going to be the stroller solution for me. But it looked like he had little room to grow. So I guess that stroller is out. I also put him in the Valco Roundabout and there he seemed to have more room. But he got too cranky before I could try any other strollers. And I haven't looked at side-by-sides at all yet.

I'd love to hear from other moms that are using a double that has worked with their "wide loads" :)