PDA

View Full Version : Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Burley, Chariot, e3, Graco Duoglider!!????

daisyandacorn
05-04-2006, 03:22 PM
I've looked through a million old posts and have changed my mind so many times!
I could really use some advice...

I have a tall, slim 3 year old and an 8 month old. I need a stroller or something to get them around town in. We live in a big city, but do go to parks and to the beach a lot, and are mostly on sidewalks but I'd like to be able to get them out for long walks (like, 1 hr each way). I need them to be well shaded, and comfy. I don't think that I can steer a tandem so it's going to be a trailer or side-by-side.

We've got an old zooper buddy that I used with dd#1 and it's fine but too heavy to push with her and sling the baby. I bought a baby trend jogger and returned it the next day because it was too heavy with the fixed wheel and the sun canopy was just too short-they both hated it, and I didn't want to spend the extra $ on a protect-a-bub because the stroller wasn't good anyway. The little one is still too little for the wagon.....

Popped into a bike shop the other day and tried out the Burley D'lite and it was amazing - so light, tinted windows, cushy seats, room for groceries or blankets and a picnic basket, adjustable sunshade, toys won't get dropped, jogger or stroller(ugly but fine) kit.
It looked great except that the kids were right against each other without a divider (is that a real issue?) and I didn't see if the seat reclines at all?
The only downside was that I couldn't see what was going on in there (no window on top).
Does anyone know if you can see what's going on in the Chariot, while steering?
The cost is way more than I'd like to spend ($600 CAN +15%tax ,including the jogging wheel) but I'll buy anything that works at this point, as long as we can get moving!

Tried the E3 out and it's so good looking, and the footprint is great but no storage space and I think I prefer the bigger tires.
Tried the Zooper and although I love all the extras, and the idea of buying it from someone here, it's too hard to push.

Sooooo, I'd prefer side by side, big wheels, enclosed is great(if the windows are tinted), NEED a good sun canopy, and I'd only like to have one stroller-I don't want to buy two new doubles.

ANY advice at all? I'm at my wits end and Dh just doesn't want to hear it anymore-he said to just buy anything (easier said than done!)
I've read a million reviews, joined Strollerswap(but don't want to own a bunch of them) and searched the archives. Still lost.

Thank you so much if you read this, and thanks for any advice-I really want to buy something ASAP.

:) Susan

daisyandacorn
05-04-2006, 07:41 PM
bump

shilo
05-05-2006, 01:42 AM
hi,

no expert here, but my friend has a chariot cougar single, and it does have a 'view window' on top where you can see in from the pushing position.

according to the 'complete features list' on chariot's website all models (CX, Cougar and Cheetah) have "Extra large full front screen that transitions to a roof view-in port" link for features list on lower right found here - http://www.chariotcarriers.com/html_english/cougar2.htm

and i found this on a UK site that carries the chariots "Parents can keep an eye on the children through the tinted viewing window on the roof whilst pushing the Cabriolet" found here - http://www.amba-marketing.com/products.php?cid=17&pid=75

hopefully someone else can chime in who knows more :). hth, lori.
Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.

jse107
05-05-2006, 10:22 AM
OK, so I just had a huge reply typed and it disappeared! Humph.

We just bought the Chariot Cougar 2 for our son and LOVE it. We bought it with the stroller wheels ($40 US) and bike attachment ($40). We also looked at the Burley D'lite and had a difficult time deciding. In the end we decided the Chariot was more "cushy" and comfortable, fitting our needs better.

Neither stroller/trailer reclines, but the Chariot seats do seem to ride in a more reclined position. Owen has always been really comfortable in them and has fallen asleep on several occassions! The 5 pt harness straps are well padded and don't rub or chafe. The are easy to adjust. There are lots of interior pockets in the Chariot where Owen keeps toys, a book, and his blanket (a must these days...). The exterior storage is good--we can carry water and a bag of necessities very easily.

The windows are excellent--Owen's visability is good and he comments on everything he sees. There is a screen that keeps the bugs out, the sunshade that works well, and also a full plastic cover for rain or cold weather. In the Chariot, two kids would sit right next to each other, but I've never read where that would be a problem (and I also read a million reviews). :)

Steering seems good for a double stroller, though I don't have much experience with them. On the Cougar, the suspension is adjustable--a nice feature.

It collapses easily and can fit into the trunk of any vehicle--sedan or truck. It's just as easy to put back together.

Although we ended up spending more than we wanted to, we figured we'd end up recouping some of the money when we sell it in a few years. The Chariots really seem to retain their value. We bought it at REI during their spring sale. I believe they're having one now--20% bike trailers, if you have one near you--or maybe you can order online.

Hope this helps! Good luck on your decision!

daisyandacorn
05-05-2006, 12:07 PM
Thanks Lori! Thanks Jen!
That was very helpful.
I wasn't sure if you really could see through the top of the Chariot-an opinion from someone that has one helps, thank you.
As for the kiddos sitting side by side, I want to make sure that the wee one has her own space, kwim? When I tried the Burley out, the baby started crying, and the retailer told me it was because Chloe had poked her. He was in front of me so he could see in but pushing it I had no idea what was going on inside, which is weird.
The Burley does recline, which might be nice but it sounds as if the seats in the Cougar are just fine....guess I should go try it out.
Sounds like I'll end up with the Chariot-it's spendy though.
We don't have REI here (toronto) and the website says they're backordered. Arrgh.
Anyone know if someone online will pricematch the REI sale?
Thanks so much!
Susan