PDA

View Full Version : Can someone confirm for me that the Chicco C1 has a canopy that/m

ameelo
05-04-2006, 06:56 PM
touches the bumper bar?

strollerqueen
05-05-2006, 04:28 AM
Hey Amy!

How the heck ARE you? Where have you been? And yes, I can confirm that. I have pics of it on my website.

www.strollerqueen.com

Nooknookmom
05-05-2006, 04:17 PM
Just poppin' to say Hi Amy! Haven't *seen* you here in a while! :)

ameelo
05-05-2006, 04:21 PM
Hi Janet,

OMG can you believe that I'm still buying strollers for my one and only almost five year old?!? BWAHHHH...

I check in every once in awhile and wax nostalgic over all the new moms agonizing over their first, perfect stroller.

I broke out my OLD 2002 the other day when I took Nicholas to Marine World in Vallejo and I LOVED it. Kinda strange that I kept it around considering that I hated it when I first got it. Of course, I did have my Bugaboo and piXXel around then. LOL. So anyway, I'm thinking...boy this stroller would be perfect if it had a footboard and the hood went all the way down. LOL. Tada!!! The C1. Although, frankly, it is a bit hard to push now that Nicholas is pushing 40 pounds. I can't imagine trying to push him and a friend around with it!

So I'm thinking about getting one. Nicholas still loves riding in strollers and I'm still happy to push him in one (despite all the disapproving looks) since it means that I can move fast!

Hey, btw, you'll probably get a kick out of this but here's my friend's reply when I sent her a link to a new stroller that I bought.

"Lord….

Help Amee to be strong and overcome this addiction called stroller madness. I know that you made us with two feet for a purpose. May you help guide her so that Nicholas can grow up with legs as strong as other little boys."

Bwahhhhhhhhh.

Hugs! It's great to talk to you again...

Amee

ameelo
05-05-2006, 04:25 PM
Hi Trina!

OMG...It's like old school day! Thanks for stopping by to say "hi."

strollerqueen
05-06-2006, 12:13 PM
Yeah, we went to Disnyland after school last week with a 9 yr old, 7 yr old, and two 5 yr olds. ALL of them rode from the late afternoon into evening! I had my MBUD and Mac Concorde Duo with me--although the 9 yr old who is HUGE couldn't fit in that one, lol!

Then I was testing out my new Inglesina Urbe' with my DS the other day, and a little neighbor girl came up to me and said, "You know, you're gonna' have to let him out when he starts Kindergarten." "Why?" I said. "He can get out whenever he wants. He climbs in and out all the time." "But everyone will laugh at him", she says. "Not when they find out he's Strollerprince, and in fact he is TESTING strollers", I replied. "Oh", she says. "Then can I ride and test them too?" So it all depends on your perspective, LOL! :)

Joolsplus2
05-08-2006, 07:31 AM
If you checked in on friday, you'd better check in today, Amy! I never COULD like the Frog after what happened to you with it...

You know I wanted more carseats and strollers so bad I ended up having another baby? (juuuust kidding...the gear is just a side benefit to my completely adorable little Leah, who's 3 months old now!).

I would have killed for a P3 when my other kids were 6 and 4, though, so I don't think it's silly for you to want a new stroller now, lol (though Cathy y Adrian, remember her?, thought the folded up bar/back at the back of the C1 wouldn't allow enough sleeping space for a big kid, so do test it first).

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

MamaKath
05-08-2006, 08:34 AM
Hey Amy!!!!!!!!!!!! I am in agreement over Julie's Bugaboo comment, that was AWFUL!!!!! My "baby" just turned 4 and is still riding. :-) We are looking for new strollers these days too. He just had some med problems recently and is now riding a lot more too. He likes hoods that come to the bar, he just hides from the looks, lol. I should probably sell some of the old, but I am worried I won't find new ones that I like. I like Janet's answer about testing strollers though. Any way to make them tax deductible if we are just testing them to help others? ;-)

And Julie where have you seen Cathy at?!?!? Our boys our birthday buddies from the old Ivillage Feb02 board, and she and I have lost track. Let her know I am thinking of her.

ameelo
05-08-2006, 02:13 PM
Julieeeeeee....

It is tough seeing a mom with a bugaboo and not telling her about what happened. But I do resist. I just don't want to ruin any of those warm and soft fuzzies they are feeling towards their lovely stroller! LOL. But thanks for remembering us!

I often get the urge to have another kid and I'd be lying if I didn't admit that the idea of being able to dive back into the gear head mentality wasn't a big draw. LOL. How wonderful for you though. A new sweet smelling, cooing, finger grasping baby. <sigh> Need a babysitter?

Did you know that I became a CPST too. This month, we're doing a seat check in conjunction with a DUI stop! Woo Hoo!!! So we'll be stopping every single car on the road for four hours and checking them for seat belt usage, carseat/booster usage, and sobriety. Doesn't that sound like fun?!? There's going to be over 300 officers/firemen/CPSTs doing this and they won't get tickets if they're willing to wait while we reinstall their seats while they're forced to wait. LOL. That'll be lovely.

Soooo...what strollers are you using? LOL.

Amee

ameelo
05-08-2006, 02:17 PM
Hey there! OMG...it truly is old school week. Now if only Deb would jump in. LOL. Wasn't she the first US Bugaboo importer? I think it was her and not you...

So your baby is around my baby's age! I resisted buying new strollers for a looong time and just used the 2001 Techno but now, he needs a footboard and the canopy that goes all the way down. That limits what we have available, huh? So if you find the perfect stroller...PLEASE let me know cuz I'm pretty out of the loop. :-)

I'm sorry to hear that your son is having some problems. Thank goodness he has you for a mommy! Nicholas likes to hide in the hood too and gets frustrated if the canopy won't go all the way down.

I wonder what Cathy's doing too!

Amee

PS. Boy, this was nice talking to all of ya'll

ameelo
05-08-2006, 02:22 PM
Oh nice...I'd've loved to see that! I have an Inglesina Twin Jet and only have the one. I use the double when I know there's going to be another kid Nicholas' age and sure enough, they come without a stroller and we take turns pushing both of them. LOL.

I love your answer about testing. And of course, she'd want to ride too. LOL. They allllll do. It truly is how you present it to them, isn't it? LOL.

Amee

Joolsplus2
05-10-2006, 07:13 AM
Hey! That's so cool your a CPST!!!! I WOULD love a babysitter, If I still lived in California... we up and moved to Virginia last summer! I absolutely love it, and we got a house three times the size of our CA house for the same price...and a school three times as good...so overall, I'd say I'm happy here :).

I have an I'coo Pico 4 that we use inside (mostly in the house, with the Carry Cot for naps...we have a large downstairs so I push her around a lot and it's perfect)...we have Jamimaci's 2004 Grape MBUS for outside...and I STILL have my Carbon Volo from 2002 in perfect condition, but Leah's just a bit too floppy for it yet. I wanted a mac traveller for the infant seats, but settled for a Kolcraft...eh...it works...

And my new dream stroller is the Smart Buggy http://www.totsongo.com/smartbuggy_ev.htm The weight limit is 33, but it handled my 43 pound 6 yo just fine, and it's so fun and light...I'm ebaying like crazy to get the money for it!

Hey, you know Deb's a tech, too, and she was of course the first one to buy the www.safeguardseat.com (of course, who else? lol)

Getcher bum over to the carseat board and help us out sometime, wouldja? This is THE best carseat board nowadays :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx