PDA

View Full Version : Does your toddler slouch in the umbrella stroller?

hudsonam
05-04-2006, 07:44 PM
My son is 16 months old and slouches badly in our Chicco Caddy. Is that the norm?

If not, is it worth it to get something better at his age? We may or may not have one more baby - that's up in the air, and if it happens, it won't be for at least another year. If we had another, I'd just wait and get a double at some point.

There are great deals on Albee Baby, but I really can't spend more than around $100. And I haven't even mentioned this thought to DH who will surely think I've flipped my lid as he figures he's way past the stroller obsession phase with me. LOL!

It would be nice to get something with taller handles, and that he might not slouch down so much in. What do you think? Worth it, or stick with what we have?

(We also have a P3, which we don't use very often anymore).

TIA!

MarieBunny
05-04-2006, 09:24 PM
Yes and it drives me crazy!!! Sometimes he looks like he is hanging off the seat. I think if I had an extendable legrest, it would keep him from slouching somewhat, but I don't on my Silver Cross Mini. Anyway, I don't think I am going to invest in another umbrella stroller at this point since I have #2 on the way. I was really tempted by the Mac Techno though. He seemed so comfy in it. (it also has adjustable handlebars by the way, which would have been a selling point for me with DH). But alas, I couldn't justify the price for a single right now.

daniele_ut
05-04-2006, 09:46 PM
DS slouches in any umbrella type stroller, no matter the price, LOL! We have a Techno and a Volo and the story is the same. I love them both, but he seems to be less comfortable than I'd like. I'm using that as the reason for recently adding a P3 to the mix. I have to say that he was *much* happier in the P3 at the mall the other day.

hudsonam
05-05-2006, 07:31 AM
I guess I should just use our P3 if we're going to be out for long. My husband vetoed the idea of a new stroller anyway. ;) Not that I always listen to him.

strollerqueen
05-05-2006, 10:17 PM
The Inglesina Trip and Urbe' are pretty upright. My DS slumped for a long time in my Macs. The seat design is angled back, with the weight of the child over the rear wheels. This is what makes them so easy to push, but what also makes younger children slump.

hudsonam
05-06-2006, 08:53 PM
Thanks! That's really good to know!