PDA

View Full Version : stroller confusion

srgerlach
05-05-2006, 02:57 PM
Help! We have a 2 month old, the weather is getting nice, and it's time to get outside. Problem is, there are more strollers and options than I know what to do with!

We have a snap-and-go that works great for quick trips, but for actual walks in our neighborhood, on rough sidewalks, it's terrible. We'd like to find maybe 2 strollers, one for all out hikes and runs, and one for strolls to the neighborhood ice cream shop. I'm finding that some joggers, like BOB, have car seat adaptors. Has anyone used these? Also looking at Maclaren, Combi for the second, lighter wieght stroller? Any suggestions? Would be nice to find something now that we could use for infancy this summer and toddler years down the road.

--Sara

AddiesMom
05-05-2006, 06:33 PM
I own a Combi Cosmo (for travel) and a MacLaren Techno (for everyday) strollers. I also have a Zooper Boogie for hikes, etc. Hands-down the Mac is better then the Combi. I use the Combi to take on airplanes since it folds small and has a full recline, but the Mac is better since it is taller (I am 5'9") and has better steering. Hard to describe, but it is so much easier to manuver and more comfortable to use. I only recommend the Combi as a travel stroller or if you have a really small trunk in your car.

The Zooper takes a car seat but I have never used it that way. DD is now 6 months old and it has a full recline.

maestramommy
05-06-2006, 07:52 PM
I used a Snap N Go until DD was about 4-5 months, then got a Zooper Waltz. I love it. If I had known it would work with my carseat I would've gotten that to begin with. It's not too heavy (17lbs) and comes with the sunscreen and rain cover, which I've already used twice. Also comes with a boot, which we have only used once in windy weather. It's big enough to continue using after DD becomes a toddler, and is much cheaper than the Boogie.

I hear ya on the rough sidewalks! I never knew how many potholes and tree roots there were in my neighborhood until I tried to push the Snap N Go from my house to the park. We tested the Waltz against a Graco Metrolite, Chicco Tuscany, Peg Aria. For suspension and getting over bumps in the road the Waltz was the smoothest. If you're a serious or semi-serious runner I would invest more on an actual running stroller rather than just a tri-wheel like the boogie. It depends on your neighborhood. And you can use the running stroller on hikes. DH and I are runners, but we haven't gotten around to getting a running stroller yet. We're looking at BOB and Dreamer Design.

Joolsplus2
05-08-2006, 07:21 AM
I don't even have rough sidewalks and I find that an air-tired stroller is MUCH smoother than a small plastic wheeled stroller (big plastic wheels might be ok, but air is...well... air! lol). I absolutely adore my mountain buggy urban for walking, and really love my maclaren for being on the town...and am thinking about a combi for travel, but I don't adore combis, either.
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx