PDA

View Full Version : Valco Twin - strapping in newborn????

ctychick
05-08-2006, 08:39 AM
I'm about to use my Valco twin for the first time w/ my newborn and 18mo. I have the newborn's seat fully reclined, but I'm unsure how to properly strap her in. Do I do it just as I would an older child sitting up? Do you add any extra padding? I have a head support that I was planning on adding, but I'm not sure if I need it. If someone could walk me through this I'd appreciate it. THanks!

tjteems
05-08-2006, 09:37 AM
I haven't bought mine yet (still deciding between that and the baby jogger), but I was planning on using a snuzzler for my newborn and hook the straps as a 5 point harness like in the carseat.

catfeet
05-08-2006, 12:53 PM
As I recall, you can't really get the straps tight enough on a NB to be of a lot of use. What I did was to strap the lower part and leave the shoulders off, as they seemed to bother my last baby. This kept him restrained enough (it wasn't like he could roll out) and used the snuzzler to keep him from really moving around too much.

HTH,
Ann

dhano923
05-09-2006, 11:12 AM
The Valco Twin comes with newborn head huggers. I just reclined the seat all the way, and strapped her at the waist -- the shoulder straps are just too big (even now at 5 1/2 months).