PDA

View Full Version : Are jogging strollers more "fun" for toddlers?

gogo548
05-09-2006, 08:36 PM
My 17 month old DD gets very bored in her stroller these days. Now that it's warming up, I'd like to get back into walking. Last year it wasn't a problem to walk to the nearby park and walk for about an hour, but, now that she's older and walking, it's hard to keep her down. I was wondering if a jogging stroller would be more comfortable for her or if they are seated at a higher level or something? (As you can tell, I have not yet looked at any.)

We have a little Tot Rod car for her, but the wheels are plastic and it goes way too slow for my walking.

Perhaps just the swiftness of a jogger might make it more entertaining? ;) (She says wishfully...)

Looking for any insight. Thanks for any input.

gogo
baby gogo 11/28/04

nfowife
05-09-2006, 09:04 PM
Do you have an mp3 player? Maybe one of those with some small speakers with some fun music might make her last longer?

Susann
05-09-2006, 09:54 PM
I'm not sure if any stroller is more fun than the other but I used to walk during my babies naptime. It worked really well for both of us.

Susann

Momof3Labs
05-10-2006, 07:16 AM
At that age, snacks and toys are key to keeping them happy. A ziploc full of cheerios or kix was always a hit here. I don't know that a jogging stroller would make her any happier - she's still confined with nothing to do.

gogo548
05-10-2006, 01:15 PM
Thanks for the idea Margaret. Yes, I do have a Nano, but I don't have speakers. It's a good idea, but I don't know if I want to fork out the $ for speakers right now.

But, I will definitely keep this in mind for the future.

Thanks!
gogo

gogo548
05-10-2006, 01:18 PM
IF ONLY! My DD has absolutely NEVER EVER slept in her stroller (except when she was a newborn and in her infant carrier). She also rarely sleeps in the car.

I think she just doesn't want to miss out on anything. She will just get cranky and toss and turn and CRY. I pretty much don't go far from the house until after naptime. sorry didn't mean to go off on a tangent - hope this didn't turn into a vent for me... ;)

Thanks so much for your input. Perhaps we just need a more comfortable stroller.

gogo

gogo548
05-10-2006, 01:20 PM
Thanks Lori. I try all kinds of snacks, but that doesn't usually last very long. She's not a big eater or really into food (except Hostess Mini Blueberry Muffins!) LOL

Maybe I'll make sure she's a bit hungry before our walk.

Thanks so much for your input.

gogo

nfowife
05-10-2006, 01:23 PM
I think you can get speakers for around $10. The kind that just attach in where the headphones go, like for a walkman. You don't have to get anything fancy like for a home sound system, you know? They sell them at Target, Walmart, etc.