PDA

View Full Version : Question about my E3 re: Big Toddler & Newborn seating.

swampnurse
05-10-2006, 08:32 PM
I just got a new E3 and LOVE it. Even my husband said he loved it although he couldn't believe he would ever say something like that about a stroller. :)

We are expecting #2 in July and my 21 m/o son is already too heavy (38 lbs) to sit in the back seat (which i haven't purchased yet). This would mean that i am unable to use the stroller a as double until the baby is old enough to hold her head up to go in the back seat and i wouldn't be able to use the bassinet feature.

But somewhere i heard that you can put the second seat in FRONT of the bassinet if you take off the bar and that there is no weight limit then.

Does that make sense and is it true? I'm OK w/ using my Bjorn for the new baby until she is old enough to go in back, but it sure would be nice to put them both in the stroller.

Any advice or suggestions?

TereasaT
05-10-2006, 10:01 PM
This is from the Regal Lager site regarding the E3.

What are the maximum weight limits in the various positions?
• Single buggy: (Toddler or Newborn) 55 lbs
• Double: (Toddler-Newborn) 55 lbs in the front seat (toddler), no maximum weight limit on newborn position (designed for up to a 6 month old)
•Double: (Toddler-Toddler) 55 lbs in the front seat, 33 lbs in the rear seat.

So you can attach the toddler seat where the bumper bar goes and your son could sit there when your baby is in the newborn position.

swampus
05-11-2006, 08:20 AM
I'm replying just so that casual readers will get confused and think that swampnurse is replying to swampnurse... when it's actually swampus replying to swampnurse. ;)

You will be able to use the e3 from the time your baby is born (as a double). Your son will sit in the main seat (which is the toddler attachment clipped *above* what is now the main seat. That original main seat unzips flat (newborn mode) and you'll be able to use it that way for 4 months or so... I purchased one of those aftermarket products for carseats--a head bumper thing-- for that first month or so that ds was in the rumble seat. That way, when he slept, his head was supported.

it's an awesome stroller--enjoy it! And get ready to answer a ton of questions about it... I'd get stopped a handful of times everytime I took it out.. and for every person that stopped me to ask questions or comment, there were two that were whispering and pointing about it from afar!

swampnurse
05-14-2006, 10:22 PM
Thanks! i'll guess i can go ahead and get that second seat and try it out.

MamaKath
05-15-2006, 01:42 PM
I have some pics on my stroller site (link in siggy) if it helps to see kids in the buggy. I think I have one or two with the E3 in toddler/newborn position on the comparison pages.

Congrats on the upcoming arrival!

HTH~

lerlerler
05-16-2006, 09:57 PM
This pix should help.. it's "stage 3"
http://baby2kids.com.au/prams/5633.html
HTH!