PDA

View Full Version : Buggy Bag to carry mac or p3?

momofjoshuanlogan
05-11-2006, 05:34 PM
Has anyone tried the buggy bag by sunshine? I have a mac techno xt that I am taking overseas this summer. I want to make sure it does not get damaged by the airlines. I was having a hard time spending the money to get a maclaren bag. Then I found the buggy bag @ Target.com. [I tried to post the link earlier, but for some reason my message did not show up.]
It seems like a good price at 14.99. What do y'all think?
Karen

shilo
05-11-2006, 10:48 PM
used it on my quest for our last trip. the bag had a _ton_ of extra space, so i don't doubt it would fit either, but especially the techno (the p3 has a little more 'girth' when folded i think?). anyway, no padding, just a nice canvas bag with decent but not high-end zipper and seams (you get what you pay for in this respect i think) the advantage to the mac bag would be the wheels of course, but at 3-4x the price, is up to you if you mind carrying it or not. we usually curbside check/bring car around to the curb by baggage claim, so the wheels weren't a big deal for us, but might be if you have to carry your luggage any distance. the only concern for me was the length of the handles on the bag. they are really quite long, and there is no way of securing them, so i just tied them in a knot on top of the bag. i was a little worried that they might get stuck in a conveyor belt if they were dragging along.

hth, lori
Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.

momofjoshuanlogan
05-11-2006, 11:01 PM
Lori,
Thank you for the information. I was hoping the bag would have padding. Maybe I could wrap the stroller in bubble wrap? But
that might be more pain then it is worth. I did wonder why the description said that it had a long carry strap. It really could get stuck in the conveyor belt- the makers should have thought of that.
Karen