PDA

View Full Version : What's New For 2006 Peg Perego's P3?

leslieu
05-12-2006, 01:44 AM
Tyring to decide between a P3 2005 or 2006. As far as I can see the only difference is color and price.

I think I finally decided that I'm going to get a P3. (This after days of research on both Maclaren's Techno XT 2005 & 2006 and Peg Perego's 2006 P3.)

I had my heart all set on getting Mac's Techno XT 2006 because of all it's rave reviews about it being lightweight and easy to maneuver. Plus it's weight limit is 55 lbs! Which is great because DS just turned 2 and is 38" tall & 35 lbs! We're talking big kid. LOL

Anyway, today I took DS & DH to BRU to test drive the Mac and the P3. Turns out, I love the way the Mac handles. Turns on a dime! It is so easy to go in and out of aisles make tight turns. But our big problem, DS looks like he is going to out grow it in a month or two.

Don't get me wrong I like the P3 too. The P3 was bulkier compared to the Mac, but by no means a heavy weight. I think the P3 only weighs one pound more than Mac's Techno. The P3 was also easy to handle in and out of aisles. Plus it looks like it can take years of abuse and keep on going. A major plus for me was that DS looked more comfortable and had more room to grow. I even went as far as to have him pick between the Mac and the P3. DS didn't hesitate to pick the P3, he actually wanted to get two! One in red and the other in green. And as an extra surprise DH loves it too. Said he'll be the one pushing the stroller from now on, if we get the P3. MEN - go figure LOL

Now, I want to know if I should save a few bucks and get the 2005 P3 or spend the money on the 2006 P3. Are there any New features?

Any help/advise would greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Leslie

BTW, if anybody wanted to know we're on the hunt for a new stroller because DS out grown his Combi Ultra Savvy.

reds
05-12-2006, 07:19 AM
I just purchased a 2005 P3 since I found a great deal on it. I called the company before making the purchase to ask the same question - what are the differences between the 06 and 05 models? The rep told me the only differece is the color choices. That being the only difference, I purhcased a 05 model in red.

Hope that helps.

mariza
05-12-2006, 08:03 AM
Albee Baby has the 2005 in Safari on sale for $209 w/no tax and free shipping:
http://www.specialtybaby.com/pegpe20plp3m4.html

leslieu
05-15-2006, 12:23 AM
Thanks for all the info. It was truly helpful.

Since our DS out grew his old stroller, it became almost impossible to take him anywhere that doesn't offer shopping carts. So I couldn't wait for a P3 be delivered, although I would have like to save a little money. DH ended up going to BRU to get me one as Mother's Day gift. I am absolutely ecstatic about having my P3, can't wait to take it for a spin at the mall.

Thanks again,
Leslie