PDA

View Full Version : Baby Jogger City Series vs. Phil and Ted E3 vs. Bumbleride

soontobe3
05-12-2006, 01:08 PM
Hi,
We have two children, ages 4 and 2 and are due with #3 in June. I have owned a combi ultrasavy, peg perego pliko, peg aria twin, and am currently using a chicco tuscany for short trips to the mall. My favorite was the pliko, although it was impossible to steer with one hand. I love the way the chicco handles, but both kids are miserable in it.

I am so excited to be purhcasing a new stroller for baby #3. I don't need a double.

I am overwhelmed with the awesome strollers that are out there! Please give me some adivice/suggestions.

First
Can I get away with having just one all terrain stroller for multiple uses? I think I have it narrowed down to baby jogger city series or Phil and Ted E3.

OR
Do I need 2 strollers? One for light walking/trips to mall and another for power walking maybe light jogging? If I did this I was thinking of Peg Perego A3 or bumbleride flyer- and then maybe a Schwinn freewheeler. This might get pretty expensive.

Here are my criteria:
Most Important
*Very Easy to Manuever/Handles like a dream. I really want something I can steer with one hand

Then in no order:
*Durable- able to stand up to a great deal of serious walking maybe
*All Terrain- for parks, wooded trails, malls...you name it
*Suitable from birth/6 weeks
*Car Seat Adaptable
*Fits in back of my minivan (mazda mp3)
*Easy to fold
*Smooth Ride for child
*Comfortable for child
*Able to fit through tight spaces like the mall- looking for a stroller not too wide
*Not too heavy-(under 26 lbs) especially if I am having to lug it in and out of the car

I saw the Baby Jogger City Series yesterday and LOVED it. The recline mechanism stinks, but other than that the steering, weight, padding, swivel mechanism, and sun canopy are all great. I thought it was a little more compact than many others. I just spoke to the company and they are coming out with a car seat adapter for the city series next month! I also like the E3, but I haven't been able to test drive it. I have heard it manuevers great and is light weight, but it is more for a double than a single and for parents adding to their family in the near future. I don't think we will be having any more kids after this one.

So- does anyone have any opinions on E3 vs. Baby Jogger city series. Will either of these serve all my needs OR do I need 2 strollers?

Thank you thank you thank you for your help!
Heather

tjteems
05-16-2006, 10:46 PM
I just did all this research myself and settled with the Baby Jogger. I LOVE it!! I have a tall 2.5 yo and a newborn and the both fit well (got a double). We've taken it hiking and to the mall and it was great for both. The other one I loved was the Valco, but settled onthe BJ. Good luck!

Ohio_Mom
05-17-2006, 12:56 AM
I wouldn't recommend the Flyer for outdoor use. I briefly owned one, and the one time I took it to the park it was a bear to push around on the sidewalks. It's much better suited to indoor use, to be sure!

If you're just going to get one, go for the BJCS or P&T. I tend to think the P&T is a better all-purpose stroller than the BJ, though. But either one is an excellent choice. I do think the BJ is easier to fold, though.

soontobe3
05-17-2006, 09:34 AM
Thank you so much for your input about the flyer. I was wondering if it would be more suited for indoor use only, and I have heard people talk about how "big" it is. I think it's that reversible handle option- it's so unique. But, I don't want to be struggling with something that isn't designed for outdoor use.
I am looking at the PTE3 tonight. Very excited to see how it handles, and whether my older children like the ride.
Heather