PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Bumbleride Flyer- how does it steer?

soontobe3
05-12-2006, 01:12 PM
Just wondering if anyone has tested the 2006 Bumbleride flyer. Design is supposed to be improved so that all 4 wheels swivel. But, I have read a few reviews stating that it is still difficult to steer, especially with one hand.
Just curious what others have found.
I am between buying the flyer or Peg A3 along with a separate jogger or buying one all terrain stroller for all my needs. Hearing how the flyer steers will greatly influence my decision.
Thanks
Heather

KHF
05-12-2006, 01:48 PM
I haven't had a problem steering it. It gets a bit crazy if you have all four wheels swiveling at once, but I always set whichever wheels are in front to swivel and lock the ones in the back.

Kirsten
Mom to Laurel - born 8.22.2005

dhano923
05-13-2006, 12:55 AM
I have the 2006 Flyer and have no problems with the steering. Like the PP said, you are supposed to lock the wheels closest to you so they don't swivel. If you leave all 4 wheels unlocked then the stroller goes all over the place.

catcombs
05-17-2006, 01:22 PM
My experience has been that it steers great in the forward mode and good enough in the reverse mode.

soontobe3
05-17-2006, 09:12 PM
Good to hear that it steers pretty well. I can't wait to see it now!!! I have to drive about 2 hours to find a retailer that has a floor model I can test drive. They say the 2006 will probably be in by the end of the week. Yipee! They are so popular, all three stores I contacted had sold out of them the first week/weekend they got them in.
Thanks
Heather

luvr2winz
05-22-2006, 12:33 PM
I have used my new Bumbleride for about 2 weeks now and I am VERY disappointed! My son is 16 mths old and I love how big the seat/boot is, but the steering is AWFUL!!! If you have anything in your hands, forget trying to push the stroller! He is about 25lbs. Also, all of my wheels squeak so loudly that I lift the front ones off the ground. Their customer service sent me 4 new wheels, but no change. In general I didn't think it felt very well made at all. I have a Zooper Boogie and love it but I wanted something lighter and smaller for trips to the mall and errands. I really like reversible handles or seats so that's what sold me on the Flyer. I also had the Zooper Waltz, but backed into it---***blushing**** and cracked the frame. Not as well made as the Boogie and the '05 and older brake on smaller Zoopers is a joke--but they have changed it on the '06. I have 7 yr. old twins and the baby and have owned too many strollers to count. So now I'm off to try to decide on another. I am 5'10" so the handle height is one of my primary concerns! I think I will get the Chicco C1 or Cortina...off to do more research. Good luck to all of you with the Flyer....but if steering is an important aspect I would steer clear of this stroller!