PDA

View Full Version : Quest or Techno

quartzlynn
05-12-2006, 08:19 PM
Argh!

Cannot decide between these two...

Does the 2006 quest have the great sun canopy like the new techno?

How different are the wheels? The "cushiness"??

We need something for travel that we can still use for long walks, city streets, etc that if comfy for DB, that she can nap in, but that wont wrench my back every time I lift it!

We have the P3 and its just too heavy and bulky for travel and in and out of the car....
Thanks!

Queensgirl
05-13-2006, 10:47 PM
The P3 and Techno are similar in weight. The 2006 Quest is lighter (not nearly as "cushy" as the Techno or P3) and has smaller, smooth wheels (no treading) with a window on the hood. It does not have an extended canopy like the Techno but does have the legrests and still maneuvers excellently. It's used a lot as a travel stroller but has less features than a Techno (which is mostly used as a primary stroller).
HTH!

Tondi G
05-14-2006, 04:12 PM
If you are taking long walks outdoors I would opt for a Techno over the Quest for the larger wheels!

hipmaman
05-14-2006, 04:40 PM
If you are keeping the P3, then get the Quest for travelling and running errants. The P3 would then be just for your walks.

DCmommy
05-17-2006, 05:36 PM
I'd also vote for the Quest -- we had a 2003 as our errand stroller and LOVED it. DS has always napped in it, it's very light and manueverable, and the wide, grooved wheels were fine on city sidewalks (as opposed to our Combi, which always drove me crazy), and it's lighter and easier to steer than our Zippy (which is just like the P3). We trashed the one we had (very irregular use though -- for almost a year DS and I were flying back and forth to NYC once a week, and that was the stroller we always brought with us), so I've ordered an 05 quest in the placid blue fabric because I wanted the older model wheels. We also had an 03 Techno XT that DS, DH and I all hated and we barely used. I thought we'd want the extendable handles (DH is 6'6") but he never used them and he didn't like the stroller anyway.

While I was still debating about what to replace our old Quest with, I compared the new Techno and Quest at BRU 2 days ago. The Quest is basically as cushy for your DC as the new Techno: it has the leg extenders, which I think really make a big difference for their comfort and we use all the time, but it doesn't have the shoulder pads or that head cushion thing, but I don't think those really matter that much. The Quest does NOT have the Techno's new canopy (which, I admit, is very cool), but it's noticeably lighter when you have one in each hand (the Techno is much closer in weight to the P3), and it is also more compact (both shorter and narrower) when folded, and therefore much easier to wrangle in and out of the trunk.

One thing I was concerned about though is the new wheels on the 06 are smoother and narrower than previous models, and the seat fabric is a little lighter and I think it will show more dirt than the older fabrics, so that's what made me decide to order the 05 quest instead of an 06. Plus, it was cheaper, so that always helps! We ordered ours from Albee, and I think they still have some in stock, with free shipping.

HTH and good luck!

Megan
Patrick (1/03) and Sean (8/05)