PDA

View Full Version : BOB Dualie vs Valco Runabout Twin

jacobmama
05-14-2006, 04:32 PM
Does anyone know if the BOB Dualie fits through standard doorways. We are expecting #2 and do most of our walking on bumpy sidewalks in an old town. I was originally going to purchase a Mac., but don't think that it will hold up well or ride smoothly. I am debating the BOB dualie and the Valco Twin Runabout, but was not sure of the doorways issue.

Any help out there? Anyone prefer one over the other?

chicagojo
05-15-2006, 08:35 PM
I can't speak for the BOB, but I have the Valco and it definitely fits through all standard doorways. I haven't come across a doorway yet that it hasn't fit through. I can't remember for sure, but I think when I was doing my research and checked out the BOB Dualie, it was a couple of inches wider - I'm guessing it wouldn't work as well going through doors. You might also want to consider the MBUD - it is about the same width as the Valco.

jb090101
05-16-2006, 02:26 PM
I believe the 2006 Bob Dualie will because they recessed the wheels. Although I think it is about an inch wider than the MBUD and Valco. I just finished researching all three and think I am going with the MBUD. The Bob was too bare bones for me. My ds seemed uncomfortable in the seat when we tried it out. The Valco seemed huge to me. I know it fits through doorways but when I stood behind it it just seemed big - although very plush and nice. Just saw the MB today and loved it. Have fun shopping :)