PDA

View Full Version : When to buy P3 to get the best price?

mimieliza
05-14-2006, 07:52 PM
I'm not due until November, but I'm feeling this urge to buy a P3 now. There is a 2005 pattern I love (Safari) on Albeebaby.com for $210. This seems like a great price to me, since new ones are retailing for $300. So I'm wondering, price-wise, when is the best time to buy a P3? Should I wait? I don't have a preference between 2005 or 2006 models.

As far as registering, we are going to register for the BOB Revolution - I don't want to put two pricey strollers on our registry, so I think we're going to buy the P3 ourselves. Plus, we'll want the P3 right away, and if we don't get the BOB through the registry, we'll probably just wait and buy it or a less expensive all-terrain later.

Thank you for your help and advice!

nfowife
05-15-2006, 09:17 AM
I think now is the time if you want to get one. The supplies are getting limited and when they are gone, they are gone. Especially if you want the Safari since there doesn't seem to be a similar color pattern in the 2006 models.

Momof3Labs
05-15-2006, 10:27 AM
I'd wait. There is only a 1 year warranty, and you'll use half of that up before baby arrives.

hudsonam
05-15-2006, 10:43 AM
That's a good point. I was due in December and got my P3 from Albee Baby some time in the summer because they had great deals. I didn't really use the stroller until DS was a few months old, and then I realized I needed a new hood and luckily just made the cut-off for the warranty, but then a few months later I needed a new seat cover (it was ripping for no apparent reason), and I was just past the warranty, but luckily Peg sent me a new one anyway. I only had to pay for shipping.

I guess you have to weigh your options. You can get a great deal, and take a chance with the warranty, or wait and possibly miss a great deal. I love the Safari. I wish they'd had those colors when I got mine.

mariza
05-15-2006, 03:09 PM
Tough call, as someone who loves a bargain I'd say get it now, but...
the 2007 strollers will be coming out around the time you are due and you might fall in love with something new.
Of course you could buy now and if you decide you want something else you could probably make back what you spent by selling it on Ebay or Swap.