PDA

View Full Version : Recalled stroller for the Compass I-400 car seat: Which stroller(s) did you use?

sierrachang
05-14-2006, 08:12 PM
Hi, Everyone:

Compass recalled their lightweight stroller (s340) that accepts the Compass I-400 car seat. Please let me know what stroller you used with a Compass I-400 infant carseat.

Any opinions are appreciated! I am going bonkers.

1. Regular strollers that fully recline and can take Compass I-400 car seat
1a. CombiPM (Perfect Match) Travel system
1b. Inglesina Zippy: Inglesina announced 2006 Zippy strollers work with Compass car seats. Has anyone tried fitting the Compass I-400 infant car seat into any Zippy strollers?

2. Stroller Car Seat Frame (Good for only 4-6 months but need to still find something that fully reclines. I would prefer a stroller over just a frame but I researched the frames too.)
2a. Kolcraft Universal
2b. Babytrend Snag N Go
2c. Combi Flash (also known as Strolee or even Combi Streak)

Thank you!

nfowife
05-15-2006, 09:15 AM
I would get the zippy or P3. Both can take virtually all infant seats. If they don't "click" in, there is a strap to secure, though many don't bother with the strap because the seat feels very secure. You can get a good deal on the 2005 P3's right now through albeebaby.com .

sierrachang
05-15-2006, 08:45 PM
Thank you for the tip!

Inglesina - 2004 Zippy FN1 Lightweight Stroller
Zippy: 17 lbs
$249
http://www.specialtybaby.com/inglesina.html

I am looking for lighter and lighter. The ideal size is the older Combi (I am short at 5'2").

Did you like the Zippy yourself?

nfowife
05-15-2006, 10:19 PM
I'd get a 2005 P3 instead. Has the snack tray and some dealers don't sell the zippys with the basket so you have to buy it seperate. I'm 5'3" and I feel like the combi is a bit short, but it really depends more on your stride than your height. Is your husband average to tall? Then he will appreciate the adjustable handles of the P3. Just my opinion!