PDA

View Full Version : Double stroller in the back of the van/x-post in the Car Seat forum

DeeEast
05-14-2006, 10:40 PM
Now that I have all 3 kids rear-facing in either Marathons or Boulevards, I have found a new thing to worry about. In order to fit the Valco double into the Sienna, he put down the other side of the divided third bench seat. There is a rear-facing Boulevard installed on the rest of the seat.

The thing is so big that I am worried about it becoming mobile in the event of a crash. I can't see any realistic way to tie it down every time we put it back. If anyone else does this, can you tell me how/pictures? What does everybody else do with a huge double stroller in a mini-van and 3 kids?

Even if we found a way to cram it in the back of the van without putting the seat down, that would pretty much take up the rest of the van storage space so that every time we went grocery shopping or whatever we'd have to put the seat down to fit anything and then we'd have the same problem. I'm open to suggestions if anyone has any, including telling me I'm just worrying too much?

heatherlynn
05-15-2006, 07:25 AM
Putting a stroller in the back of my 98 Sienna when I always need all seats was definately a problem for me as well! The e3 standing vertically works and I just bought a Zapp for a lightweight, small-folding stroller that will also fit w/ the e3. My Mac RT also folds really small and I keep that in the van instead of the e3 during the winter.

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04
dd 11/05

catfeet
05-15-2006, 08:50 AM
When I need the back of my van, I pull all the strollers out except the lightweight, folds-so-small-it's-not-worth-bothering-transporting-them ones. Our Valco Twin lives in the entryway closet when it's not in use, with the vacume, lol.

Matter of fact, both of our all terrain strollers live there. The Rally Twin & the Combi single live in the car, but they come out if I need the room. I've got an Oddessy, so I've got exactly the same problem you do.

HTH,

Ann