PDA

View Full Version : Help MacLaren Twin Techno opinions needed

Mommy2Anastasia
05-15-2006, 09:47 AM
I was just looking for some opinions on the 2006 MacLaren Twin Techno double stroller.

We have a 9 month old Princess and are expecting another baby in October so they will be 14 months apart and we will need a double obviously.

After much searching and analyzing we have decided on getting the MacLaren Twin Techno mostly for one reason we have a PT Cruiser and it's the only double that will fit without taking up the WHOLE trunk. It will also fit in the foot wells in the back seats for travelling thus leaving the trunk for luggage etc, Also VERY important because we travel A LOT! We looked at the Peg Perego Aria Twin but it takes up the whole trunk and will not fit in anyother place in the car for travelling, also only fits in the trunk in one orientation so not useful for everyday. Looked at Combi but too many quality issues we have heard of with them. Zooper Tango has same problem as Peg Perego.

I was just wondering what everyone here thinks of the MacLaren Twin Techno quality wise etc. Just trying to decide if it is the best choice or if we should keep looking.

my3fallkiddos
05-15-2006, 10:26 AM
Mac's will hold up very well, probably one of the best in terms of durability on the market... assuming you treat it well ;)

That being said, another less expensive but great option is the Inglesina Twin Swift. It has 3 handles instead of 2 (helps so much when hanging diaper bags or manuvering one handed) however it does not have leg extenders and is not self-locking. It IS $100.00 cheaper (or more if you buy off of Ebay) cheaper!

We're currently using a Peg Perego Tender Twin XL and love it! Decent canopies and since it's a tandem I can navigate much easier in stores, full recline in the back, partial in the front and looks really nice :D

Good luck!

Carrie

Mommy2Anastasia
05-15-2006, 12:53 PM
Can anyone else give an opinion on this stroller or even the MacLaren Twin Traveller since they are both so similar.

Or even on what MacLaren strollers are like in general??

Desperate for opinions and info here. LOL

ahaglund
05-15-2006, 05:07 PM
We have a 2004 Techno and LOVE it. We use several times a day, EVERY day and have traveled with it quite a bit. It's held up very well. The main drawbacks for Maclarens (as you may know) are the baskets are small and the canopies are virtually useless. I'm very used to the basket size now (and can still use it to run all my errands - I live in the city and do a lot of walking to and from stores). As far as the canopy, I just bought a ray shade (or whatever it's called) from BRU and that has helped a lot.

We're in a similar position - expecting #2 in August (our son will be 18 mos.). I'm probably going to get a double all-terrain stroller (like the MBUD or Valco) as well as the Mac Twin Techno.

HTH,
Anna