PDA

View Full Version : Considering MBUD - how important are dual canopies?

ahaglund
05-15-2006, 11:05 AM
When #2 arrives our son will be 18 mos. I am looking at the various double "joggers" and am serious considering a MBUD. The one drawback it seems is the single canopy.

How big of a deal is this? Does this make the Valco Twin a better option?

If anyone owns either and can give me feedback, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,
Anna

tjteems
05-15-2006, 11:20 AM
I just went through this decision process and decided on the Baby Jogger. It is awesome!! I really liked the VAlco too, but couldn't try it out in real life. I think if you are going to spend $500+ on a stroller, you should get the dual canopies--especially when the kids are different ages. You'll always want the canopy down for the newborn, but as your toddler gets older he'll have his opinion of wanting down, then up, then down, then up.
Good luck!

tv31
05-15-2006, 01:02 PM
We have the 06 MBUD - my boys are 25 months and 5 months. At first, my older one kept playing with the canopy, only wanting it open. This annoyed me, of course, b/c it was winter and i wanted it down to protect the baby. Now he doesn't care and realized that with the peekaboo flap on the canopy, he can still see mommy. The truth is, the canopy is kind of pathetic and doesn't offer enough protection from wind or sun - you need something else for that like an extended sun canopy (protect-a-bub or whatever it's called) or the rain/wind/cover you can buy for the MBUD.

We adore our MBUD but i have heard great things about the baby jogger series, which, btw, also seems to have bad (yet separate) canopies.

So my final opinion is that the canopies on both are so poor that it shouldn't be a make it or break kind of thing - look at the other features and see which better suits your needs.