PDA

View Full Version : Question for those of you with Chariot strollers

hudsonam
05-16-2006, 08:34 AM
Do you find that it's too big and bulky to take to crowded places as a stroller? I'm looking at the Cougar I to be used as a bike trailer, jogger and stroller (but we'd only get the jogging accessories, not the strolling), and I'd like to use it when we go to parks and things like that, but it looks pretty obtrusive. What has your experience been?

And it makes sense to get it at REI for something like $270, plus $65 for the jogger attachment, right? Rather than getting say a $150-200 jogging stroller and a $150-ish bike trailer? Now to convince my DH before they are all gone! =,(

TIA!

ETA: What is the difference between the Cougar and the Cheetah? Thanks!

jse107
05-16-2006, 09:47 AM
Well, we've only used our Cougar 2 as a bike trailer, but it isn't cumbersome and turns easily. I think a Cougar I would be as nimble as any refular jogging stroller, but give you far more options. The resale on them is great (which is how I justified buying it to DH). I would totally recommend snatching one up at REI!

hudsonam
05-16-2006, 09:53 AM
I put together a spreadsheet for my husband to show why it's worth it to get the Chariot, but I so want to order it right now before it's too late! He might want to kill me at first, but when he sees that it's only $25 more than buying a cheap stroller and a cheap trailer, he has to agree it's a good purchase, right? LOL!

jwozy
05-16-2006, 12:42 PM
sorry double post

jwozy
05-16-2006, 12:43 PM
sorry double post, computer went wild

jwozy
05-16-2006, 12:43 PM
We have the Cougar II and don't find it too big or bulky at all. I love how when it's windy or cold I could put the cover over to keep my kids warm. We've taken the Cougar to the fair, to the grocery store and to the parks and it's been great. We also bought ours at REI.

daisyandacorn
05-16-2006, 03:07 PM
I just bought one! I don't find it too bulky at all - haven't taken it to the mall or anything but it's been decent down narrow aisles (post office, corner stores, etc.) I'll bet that Dh won't care that much about the cost once he tries it, my husband loves it (after an initial "How much???" - and we didn't get it on sale)
HTH!
Susan
I think the Cheetah's just a bit cheaper and not nearly as "loaded"

hudsonam
05-17-2006, 10:35 AM
Thanks everyone! I ended up ordering the Chariot! I can't wait to get it. It seems like a great investment, and I got a great deal and free shipping by picking it up at the store. I definitely want to get the stroller attachment too, but for now, we're getting the bike and jogging attachments.

hotjbr
05-17-2006, 09:02 PM
The Cougar 1 with cycle kit is on sale at REI-outlet.com for $263.93 (30% off original price of $389). I hope this is helpful.

jb

my3lilgals
05-18-2006, 09:15 AM
The Cougar 2 is narrower than my Dreamer Designs Ditto double jogger. I am sooooo coveting a Cougar...unfortunately DH is not enthused about buying any more strollers since baby #3 was our last and he is eager to get rid of all the strollers cluttering up the garage...

kellyotn
05-18-2006, 10:45 AM
I've used it at the very crowded fair. But, I have the strolling attachment. It is a lot less cumbersome that way b/c nothing "sticks out" in the front and it turns on a DIME. I love the strolling attachment. I think it'll be somewhat cumbersome with the jogging attachment in crowds. You'll just need to be very aware of how far the wheel sticks out to avoid tripping or poking people. ;) But, it still turns pretty easily for a fixed wheel set-up.

I love my Chariot Cougar 2. I love taking long walks with it b/c the kids can bring along so much stuff to stay happy in there and not drop things every two steps. ;)

You'll love it!!

hudsonam
05-18-2006, 10:55 AM
Thanks! I can't wait! It would have been nice to get the II, just in case we ever have two kids, and until then, for storage space, but I doubt I could have talked my husband into spending THAT much. And this way maybe our families will believe us when we say we're probably only having one child. LOL! ;-)

I definitely want the strolling kit eventually. That'll be next month. :-)