PDA

View Full Version : Any deals on Bugaboos?

snooc
05-16-2006, 08:52 AM
Just wondering if anyone has ever been able to use coupon codes or ebates or anything when ordering a Bugaboo?

Thanks!

tara28
05-16-2006, 01:53 PM
That's tough - I think retailers are pretty limited by Bugaboo as to any discounts that they can offer. You've probably already looked on Ebay and discovered the same thing I did... they are selling pretty close to retail value. Personally, I'd rather have the assurance of buying from a retailer if I'm practically paying retail anyway.

The best deal I found was if you can find free shipping or a website that has some sort of rewards program. I bought a cameleon from babystyle.com, because they have both. I got free shipping and I also accumulated points so that I have free shipping and gift wrap on anything I order there in the next year! In addition to that, they give you $10 in "babystyle bucks" (credit) for every $200 you spend. So since the cameleon is over $800, you get $40 credit - I am using mine to buy the car seat adaptor - it will be like almost getting it free.

Which Bugaboo are you looking at? Our orange cameleon arrived last week, and it is awesome. (Have to wait to July to try it out with the little one though!)

snooc
05-16-2006, 04:05 PM
You're right. I would definitely prefer to buy from a retailer, especially when you don't really get any discount buying from ebay.

That's a great deal at babystyle.com. How exactly do you sign up for the Babystyle bucks. That is a great deal to get the car adaptor almost free.

I'm looking at the Frog. DH and I aren't very tall, so we didn't see any need for the adjustable handle, and since our baby will most likely be dressed in pinks and purples, we want the black. Other than the adjustable suspension, we didn't see the need to spend "another" $150 on the stroller.

July will be here before you know it!

Tondi G
05-16-2006, 04:27 PM
you may want to opt for the Chameleon. My neighbor has a frog and our friends 20 month old sat in it on mothers day. She is a peanut... not a big girl at all... and her head was touching the hood when it was extended!!!! I believe the Chameleon has a higher seat back than the Frog (I could be totally wrong though!). Anyways... I'd be furious if I spent 700-800 bucks on a stroller and couldn't use the sun shade anymore once my kid was around 2!!!!

Just a thought!

tara28
05-17-2006, 07:57 AM
>How exactly do you sign up for the Babystyle bucks. That is a great deal to get the car adaptor almost free.

At the bottom of their website is a link to "babystyle rewards."

Unfortunately, they only offer the gecko or cameleon, not the frog, so if you've definitely decided on that one, it won't work for you. :( They do have a good comparison list on their site of the gecko vs. cameleon though - don't know if there's any new info you haven't seen yet.

Like the previous poster said, I think the larger seat/bassinet frame is a big advantage. It's so hard to decide! It's a big purchase...

Tara

snooc
05-17-2006, 12:38 PM
Well, the issue with the Cameleon is that it won't fit in my trunk because of the extra height. :(

HereKittyKitty
05-18-2006, 01:30 AM
Baby universe still has frogs, and they're part of ebates - 6%. I think shipping is free, too.

tara28
05-18-2006, 11:27 AM
I just was at babystyle again, and i saw that they DO carry the frog... I just hadn't seen it before.

snooc
05-19-2006, 09:58 AM
So, we did find that the Cameleon can fit in my trunk. I would like to order through Babystyle.com, but they charge tax for MA orders. No savings there. I don't mind using ebates; I just hate waiting for the cash to come in :/

Any other good deals out there?

michellesteve
05-20-2006, 02:33 PM
Can you confirm the height of the seat back or hood,or can anyone? We were planning on purchasing the frog soon, but this may change our minds. Thanks!

snooc
05-20-2006, 03:40 PM
If you go to Babystyle.com website, you'll see that they mention that the Cameleon has a 2" longer seat/bassinet base.

Okay, so we changed our minds. We ended up getting the Frog for one main reason - we don't like the felt on the seat/canopy. It just seems to me that it will A) get dirtier quicker and B) attract dog fur. We have a dog and got the black Bug. I'm amazed that the fur does NOT stick to the fabric on the Frog. That was enough to keep me with the Frog.

Patti
09-16-2006, 02:04 AM
I purchased the Cameleon and with the rewards was able to buy the car seat adaptor for 5 bucks. Can't beat that. I also bought the transport bag and with that purchase I received a free gift, a diaper bag valued at $68. Love babystyle. Plus, i get an upgrade on shipping.