PDA

View Full Version : Gosh I wish my older one fit in a MBUD!!! The new striped interior is too cute!

Tondi G
05-17-2006, 12:32 AM
http://www.joggingstroller.com/Mountain-Buggy-Urban-Double.pro#specs

Why do my kids have to be big for their age!!!!!

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01 and Aidan 5/4/05

strollerqueen
05-17-2006, 02:37 PM
Tondi, why wouldn't he fit? I had a 9 yr old and a 7 yr old in mine at Disneyland a couple of weeks ago. And the 9 yr old is HUGE, the tallest girl in her class. She never complained that it wasn't comfy. My 7 yr old is average, but she rides in it for all day stuff with her 5 yr old brother. I do have the X Tall canopy on mine, though, it's a 2004.

Tondi G
05-17-2006, 04:45 PM
I tried Mason in one (I think an 04?) just before Aidan was born A YEAR AGO... and he was so squished in it! His shoulders are SUPER broad/wide and he is just BIG! He's 47 inches tall and 62 lbs!!! His head was right up in the canopy too! He is just big for strollers but he LOVES to be lazy and ride! His poor old 01 pliko just strains with him in it! LOL! I know he and Aidan would have so much fun now in a side by side though! I am think maybe one of those new Dreamer Design doubles with the swivel front wheel???? the site say the seat width is 14 wide by 22 high seat back..... the BOB revolution double is 13.5 by 21. Do you know the width of the seat and height of seat back on the MBUD? Just came back to say that I found the width and it says 12 inches... too tight for my kids broad shoulders I think!

I do love that striped interior of the MBUD. Maybe I should schlep my kids out to you and try them in your MB one day????!!!

~Tondi

swampus
05-17-2006, 10:29 PM
Then, just think--if your kids are bigger, they'd cover up even more of that cool stripe!

I was bummed that the orange didn't come with the stripe. There were pictures of it in SQ's rollout! I guess they didn't have enough interest. So I had to settle on the plain. I still love it, though. :)

marchmommy
05-21-2006, 06:08 PM
Strollerqueen, could you advise me? I don't mean to hijack the post, but Tondi and I have the same basic question. Today I shlepped out to a store that carries the MBUD 2006 and my DS, who is 3, hits the top of the canopy with his head. I also have a DD who is 18 months old. I don't know if there is enough growing room for me to go with a MBUD. Would there be if I get the extra tall canopy, and if so, should I go with the 2005 and the extra tall canopy or the 2006? OR what about the Schwinn with the swivel front wheel, the free rider I think is the name?? BTW, I think my DS is around 39 inches--so how do your much older kids fit in your MBUD? Do you not use a canopy? Thank you so much!!!!!

Tondi G
05-22-2006, 01:26 AM
Sorry to butt in but I would say to check out the new Dreamer Design ditto with the swivel front wheel or have you tried the BOB with the swivel front wheel?

marchmommy
05-22-2006, 02:32 PM
Where can I find the Dreamer Design or Bob Double IRL to try out? Does Babies R US carry these???? Any where else? I live in Northern Suburbs of Chicago...And does the Dreamer Design have a swivel front wheel?