PDA

View Full Version : Zooper Classic vs Waltz?

babysophia
05-17-2006, 10:05 AM
My sister is expecting her second child in a month, and has been looking for a new stroller. PBK has the Zooper Classic on sale for $129 (down from $249). Other than the fact that it has an umbrella fold, does anyone know how it is different from the Waltz?

TIA!

Susan

BayAreaMom
05-17-2006, 11:18 AM
susan,
The PBK Classic is based on the Zooper Swing, not the Waltz. I have the Waltz, and the main difference between the Swing and Waltz is the fabric, and the Swing has two separate handles and the rear wheels lock in addition to the front wheels. I also remember reading that the PBK Zooper had nicer fabric and styling than the Swing, hence the higher original price tag. I LOVE my Zooper and for the $$ you can't go wrong there. Similar strollers like the Maclaren, Inglesina Espresso, and the Peg Perego Aria will cost you twice as much.

Also, the Zooper comes ready to use with an infant car seat (the Zooper website should list which ones), and the fit it pretty good, so that's really nice.

Hope this helps!

nfowife
05-17-2006, 01:20 PM
The swing/PBK has umbrella handles, plusher fabric, and an extendable legrest. The 2005 Waltz does not have the extendable legrest, but the 2006 waltz does. In addition, I believe the waltz has a canopy that extends all the way down. The swing/pbk has a pitiful tiny hood that stinks. I'd go for the 2006 waltz with the extendable legrest and better hood.

babysophia
05-17-2006, 07:23 PM
Thank you both so much for your responses. I will pass on this information to my sister. Much, much appreciated!

Susan