PDA

View Full Version : Pliko with air tires - :) need Help with stroller suggestion

foremanmk
05-17-2006, 11:52 AM
I love the full canopy of the Pliko and the toddler stand, but really really need a single All terrain. I have a Valco Twin Roundabout that is perfect for my park/grass strolling, but need a SINGLE with a better canopy. I also have a Zapp, but need something the baby can sleep in. I wish my Pliko had air tires and I would be happy, but since there is not, I need some help.
Would love a stroler that reverses, but if I had to give up one option, it would be this one. Weight and size folded doesn't matter since I have a Suburban and would actually leave it at home for home strolls.
So low down, I am looking for:
=Single All terain (4 air tires)Big enough for my big rear end 30 pound 10 month old)
=Toddler Board
=Good Sun Shade that pulls down pretty far
=Reversible handle/or Seat

Was looking at a reversible Zooper since I have always loved my Zoopers, or a Valco Rebel (but worry that the seat would be outgrown way to quickly with my chub a lub) 30 pounds at 10 months or maybe a Quinny 4XL, or what else???? If something had all 3 things (air tires, reverses, and toddler board) I would snatch up whatever the cost

Any help would be appreciated!@!!!
Thanks alot,
Kelly

chicagojo
05-17-2006, 01:51 PM
I love my Zooper Zydeco which has an awesome canopy and a reversible seat. The only thing is, it doesn't come with a toddler board and I'm not sure whether or not you can add a boogie board b/c of the way the brake is attached to the rear axle. Might be worth looking into, though, since it definitely satisfies your other requirements.

catfeet
05-17-2006, 04:23 PM
The Zooper Sport sounds like almost what you're looking for. It's like a Pliko, but it doesn't have the great shade or the toddler board. That said, I'm currently in the process of selling my Pliko in favor of the Sport. I like it just that much better, and I did love my Pliko while I had it.

I too wish the Pliko had air tires. It would be my perfect single as well... ;-)

Ann

MNmomtobe
05-17-2006, 04:34 PM
I was going to suggest the Zooper Sport also but it doesn't reverse.
There is one on ebay right now. There is also a Zooper Walk Air with the reversible seat but it's heavy and it has fixed wheels.

foremanmk
05-17-2006, 07:20 PM
Thanks Guys... It looks like my dream stroller is just not out there. I think that I will go with a Zooper and take out the Pliko when I NEED the toddler board or see if one will fit on a Zooper.
Thanks alot!
Kelly

strollerqueen
05-18-2006, 01:44 AM
There is a stroller that meets your needs. It's the BebeConfort Trophy Air chassis/opera seat.

www.bebeconfort.com

Not sold in the US, but we have them shipped to Strollerland periodically from Europe. The closest US equivalent would be the Inglesina Allum chassis/Magnum seat:

www.inglesina.com

Not air tires, but the wheels are great, and work almost as well. Both of these models have footsteps and reverse. The Magnum canopy goes down to the bumper bar, (well my Liberty did, anyway.) It also pushed extremely well one-handed with two children. The BC Opera seat is smaller than the Magnum's.

foremanmk
05-18-2006, 01:24 PM
I knew that someone would come through.. Now on the hunt to try to find on of those two.
Thanks alot for taking the time to let me know:!
Kelly

tg_canada
05-23-2006, 12:25 PM
>There is a stroller that meets your needs. It's the
>BebeConfort Trophy Air chassis/opera seat.
>
>www.bebeconfort.com
>

In their quest for a "pretty" web site, they have made their web site very user unfriendly and lacking in information! Does anyone know the weight on this model (including the seat)?

foremanmk
05-23-2006, 12:56 PM
I don't know right now, but did find one from a previous swapper. It is on the way to me as we speak, so I am anxiously awaiting it's arrival :)
I will let you know when it arrives!
Kelly