PDA

View Full Version : What do you use to clean your strollers?

MNmomtobe
05-17-2006, 12:36 PM
I did end up buying the Fuego that I posted about a few days ago but it needs a good clean-up. I may then end up reselling it. I was naughty and bought 2 used strollers yesterday. One was a Peg on Ebay that I HAD to have. What is wrong with me? Anyway......
What kind of detergent for the metal parts? Do you use a sponge? A brush for the wheels? I was able to get all the fabric parts off and threw them in the wash. What about for strollers like Pegs that have the generous padding? I would rather not machine wash these as I have heard that the padding can become permanently bunched in the middle. I don't believe the hoods come off the frames either.

geochick
05-17-2006, 03:33 PM
I just cleaned up my 04 Zippy last night. I didn't want to take the fabric parts off, so I used my Bissel Little Green Clean Machine on the fabric (a scrub brush and some soapy warm water would do the same thing). It did a fantastic job! On the metal parts I used 409 and then Windex. I didn't do much with the wheels, but a little scrub brush and some soapy 409 water should do the trick. I gave my wheels a little WD40 and now they glide like they're on ice. :) I didn't do much with the hood except lower it and wipe it down with a wet rag. It looks like a nearly new stroller today. Have fun.

MNmomtobe
05-17-2006, 04:36 PM
Thanks! I ended up using soapy hot water and a sponge to clean up the metal parts but I'm afraid the metal might rust inside the stroller where the water got in. Oh well. I left it outside to dry since it's nice and sunny today. I'll have to remember to put some WD40 on the wheels after it's dried.

Tondi G
05-17-2006, 04:47 PM
Actually instead of WD40 use some Endust(sp)! It will help lubricate the wheels but won't attract dirt like the WD40 will!

~Tondi