PDA

View Full Version : Would you sell the P3, and for how much?

hudsonam
05-21-2006, 01:33 PM
ETA: I am NOT trying to sell my stroller here. I hope it doesn't sound that way. Just wanted to clarify. :)

My son is 17 months old. We got a 2003 (I think) P3 from Albee Baby a few months before he was born. It was on sale, and that was in 2004, so I think it's a 2003. We got great use out of it when he was smaller, and it's still a nice stroller for long outings, albeit big and heavy. I've had a hankering for a Maclaren, and DH would love to sell the P3, so maybe there's a compromise in there somewhere. ;)

We are maybe 75% sure we're not having another child (DH would probably say 100% sure), and even if we do, it'll be a couple years, at least. Would you sell the P3 and maybe replace our cheapie Chicco umbrella stroller (give that one to the grandparents) with a Macarlen Quest, or maybe a Triumph? Will we regret selling the P3, and is it even worth it? How much do you think I could get for it? It's in basically perfect condition, other than a broken cup holder.

TIA!
Anne Marie

mariza
05-21-2006, 02:10 PM
I would definately hold on to it. Your DS is at the age where you may want to start taking him out for trip to the zoo, Disney, etc. THe P3 is the perfect stroller for all day outings. I would get a Volo on sale (I think Albee Baby has them for under $70 right now). Use the Volo for everyday errands, but the P3 is great for tired, sleepy toddlers!
My DD is 16 months and I am far far away from even imagining life w/out my P3! We are actually shopping for doubles (Dd will be 19 months when DS is born) but I still want to hang on to my P3 for times when only one baby is with me.

kozachka
05-21-2006, 02:52 PM
DS is almost 2.5 and only now I am beginning to feel that our trusted Zippy, which is very similar to P3 in terms of weight and features, is ready to be retired in favor of a tricycle. We can probably still get some use out of it for few more months.

Did you check your local craigslist and stroller swap for comparables? That and eBay would give you an idea of how much you'd get for your P3 in case you still want to sell it.

daniele_ut
05-21-2006, 03:12 PM
My DS is 19 months and I *just* bought a P3, LOL! We've had a Techno since he was born and, though I love it, DS isn't as fond of the slope of the seat and the lack of tray. A typical mall trip would only last an hour in the Techno before he;d be bored and whining. I took him to the mall in the P3 2 weeks ago and he lasted 3 hours! Just an FYI, I paid $125 for a 2005 Cherry Cola P3, but I think that I got a steal.

I listed my Techno on craigslist, but it was a few weeks ago and I only got a few nibbles, so Im just contemplating keeping it, if I can figure out a way to do so without DH me when he gets home from England!

hudsonam
05-21-2006, 04:02 PM
Thanks! Is the Volo any better than my Chicco Caddy? It looks so plain and ordinary for over $100 (the sale one on Albee Baby is for a model without a hood, which I wouldn't want).

hudsonam
05-21-2006, 04:06 PM
PS - After just trying to push a P3 with one hand and hold an umbrella with the other, I was wishing for a Mac even more today. If only my DH didn't already think I was obsessed with baby products. :(

daniele_ut
05-21-2006, 09:27 PM
LOL, I have a Volo too (hence, the dh fed up with me over strollers) and I would say that it's much nicer to steer than the Caddy, but since you already have the Caddy, I'd look at a Quest instead. I know I saw one on sale at Amazon.com today for $127 with free shipping. That way you'd get something light, with great steering and a bit of recline. I managed to snag my Volo for $70 (an 05 with a hood) at a local baby shop, or else I might have gone with a Quest.

hudsonam
05-22-2006, 09:09 AM
Oh man! That's an awesome deal! I want one, but DH won't go for it! =,( Boo hoo! We did just order a Chariot, so I can't really complain, but I really want to get rid of our Chicco.

Momof3Labs
05-22-2006, 11:19 AM
Make sure that your babe likes the Mac seat before trading in your P3 - at that age, my DS wouldn't tolerate the slope of the Mac seat. I personally used my P3 almost exclusively until at least 2yo, and then switched over to a Mac sometime after that.

hudsonam
05-22-2006, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the tip! He is fine in his Chicco, so I would assume he'd be fine in the Quest?

swampus
05-23-2006, 12:56 PM
I sold my P3 last year for $140 (shipping was additional). It was a 2004 model that was used for exactly one year. I sold my 2005 P3 in Hip Hop for $170 recently, but that included a NWT orange Skip Hop Duo, as well. And I was competing with Albee baby, which didn't make this mama very happy! ;) But it's off to a good home, so I'm happy.

I replaced it with a 2003 (I think?) volo. But I have an MBUD for all day outings, so the volo is basically for dr. visits and quick errands where my dd can walk the short distance and behave accordingly. ;)

I was in the same position you were in, but I figured I should sell the P3 now rather than later (and have to sell it cheaper). There are always people on swap looking for GUC/EUC P3s to keep at grandma's house, it seems!

I just didn't need the recline (ds never sleeps in the stroller), didn't need the snack tray... didn't need an all-the-bells-and-whistles kind of stroller.

good luck! and tell dh to let you get whatever you want! :D

hudsonam
05-23-2006, 01:15 PM
Thanks! :) He's actually being very agreeable to this whole thing, for him anyway. But our cc bill is pretty high this month already, so I may have to wait a couple weeks. :-( I don't know if I can stand the wait though!

Thanks for all the input!