PDA

View Full Version : My E3 V2 gets here tomorrow. Q about sunshade and cup holder...

klass2
05-22-2006, 03:12 PM
Hello everybody. I've been reading this message board for well over a year, but have never posted. I've been able to get such good info from this board though and recommend it to everybody. Thanks to all who contribute!

I'm getting an E3 V2 w/toddler seat tomorrow and I will be using it mostly for walking with my 3.5 YO and almost 2 YO. I usually walk in the early evening when the sun is setting.

My current "walking" stroller is a Mac TT. The sunshades on there are useless as most of you know.

I'd like to get a sunshade for the main seat on the E3. Will the protect a bub shade work? Or are there other cheaper options? How about for the rear/toddler seat? Any that fit on there?

I may try to see how much the sun bothers the kid in the rear seat b/c I'm mainly concerned with the sun getting in their eyes when I am walking towards the sun. Maybe the front seat provides a little relief? What are your thoughts?

Also, I'm thinking of gettin the BOB cup holder for the handle bars, but there is another brand (Tike Tech) http://www.babyage.com/products/wbx-01_tike_tech_tike_tech_atx_all_terrain_water_bottl e_holder.htm?productid=31204&attrivalues= that I'm thinking of getting b/c I have a coupon for Baby Age and need to order something else form there too.

Does anybody know if the Tike Tech cupholder will work?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Joolsplus2
05-22-2006, 06:45 PM
I don't know if the Tike Tech works, but I can verify the BOB works, at least.
I'm ordering a Ray-shade for my mountain buggy, I hear it's similar to, but cheaper than, the protect a bub... but I don't have it yet...for 12 bucks from kidsurplus.com, I don't think I can be too disappointed, anyway.
I hope some E3'ers chime in!

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

gcampbell72
05-23-2006, 12:18 AM
We use the Ray Shade (by Kiddopotamus) on our E3. It works great and gives the front seat great coverage.

For the back, I bought some Solarveil fabric online (thanks to the posts on this board!) and just stick it to the existing velcro strips on the stroller. This has worked very well for us. If you want more coverage in back, you can always hang the Ray Shade backwards.

We also have the BOB console and love it!

Enjoy your E3!

Cathy

klass2
05-23-2006, 08:03 AM
Thanks for your input.

I will try out one of the Rayshades since they are cheaper. I was just wondering if they worked as well...

I'm waiting for the UPS man today! : )

swampus
05-23-2006, 12:45 PM
how exciting for you! :)

fyi--the bob console does not fit on "correctly" when the handlebars are in the high position. I used it quite well for half-drunk drinks and keys/cell phone. but just wanted you to be aware of it. I didn't realize that before I purchased mine!

I walk at all times of the day, too, and Just put hats on my kiddies. I'm no help with the extended canopy--sorry!

have fun with the stroller--it's awesome!

klass2
05-24-2006, 12:44 PM
I bought a RayShade today at BabiesRUs. I put it on and it appears to work! Can't wait to test it out tonight.

Last night's walk was so different. The big wheels on this stroller make such a drastic change (compared to my Mac TT)!

swampus
05-24-2006, 05:49 PM
oh, yeah--once you get the air-filled tires, you just can't go back!

It'll be smoooooth sailin' for you from here on out. ;)

carrie_geiger
05-25-2006, 12:25 AM
I don't have one yet, but I'm considering the new Phil & Ted's Hangbag Drink Holder.

http://www.joggingstroller.com/Phil-and-Teds-Hangbag-Drink-Holder.pro#specs

Or maybe I'll go with the BOB console. I've also heard there's a similar product made by Jolly Jumper, which is similar to the BOB Console but is a less expensive (but it may be available mostly in Canada ?).

Hope you love your E3 as much as I love mine! I even had air-filled tires before on my first stroller, but the E3 is easier to push b/c the wheels are larger and there are fewer of them (3 larger wheels vs. 8 smaller wheels).

~Carrie

carrie_geiger
05-25-2006, 12:28 AM
You may already know this, but I just noticed BabyAge offers 15% off your order with coupon code MAY06.

~Carrie

ekbecker1
05-26-2006, 10:38 AM
Oooohh. . . A new accessory and it comes in red!! Do you know if the hangbag will work when you have both seats on in toddler/toddler mode? Does it hang too low?

I second your emotion - I LOVE MY E3! It's awesome.

klass2
05-26-2006, 11:13 AM
I actually bought the hangbag in red to match the stroller.

I have used it with my boys (3.5 and 23 mos) in the toddler/toddler mode.

It hangs a little low, but it works. It doesn't hang on there real tight and the water bottles are kind of at an angle.

I kind of like the design of the BOB console thing better, but too late now!