PDA

View Full Version : inglesia zippy versus peg perego pliko p3

mmd7s
05-22-2006, 08:47 PM
I am trying to decide between the Inglesina Zippy and the Peg Perego Pliko P3. I plan to purchase the Graco SnugRide infant seat and want to create a travel system. It is unclear from the company websites if the infant seat snaps in, much like a traditional travel system, or if they are attached by a strap alone. The stap sounds a little unsecure to me. I have yet to see either in person, since no stores near where I live carry them. So, does anyone have advice on which stroller would be best to serve this purpose?

jhrabosk
05-23-2006, 10:33 AM
Hi there --

We have the Zippy, so I can only speak to that one, although I'd suspect the P3 is the same.

The Snugride is attached by a strap on either side. The only time I felt concerned for its security was when I needed to lift the entire thing to go up or down some stairs. Even then, if I held it by the stroller frame and not the car seat, I didn't feel overly concerned.

I only used my seat/stroller this way for a few months though, so I can't say how stable it feels when baby gets a little bigger and moves around more. We put DD just in the stroller by around 3-4 months.

HTH!

MNmomtobe
05-23-2006, 10:38 AM
Actually, you can get the Snugride's red latch to "click" into the P3 by lifting slightly on the end of the child tray. This is not officially how it's supposed to be done- PP would recommend the universal strap. However, it seems more secure to me to have it click in with the red latch. Like it was made to fit.

bkfarley
05-23-2006, 02:01 PM
I have the Inglesina Zippy and the Grace SnugRide infant seat and it does snap in if you remove the cushion on the bar. I love the Zippy-it folds up with once step and releases really easily. It also can be folded up and will stand on its own if you lock the front wheels. The basket is a little difficult to get things into sometimes and the cupholder could be better. It also is a little on the heavy side, buy overall I really like it.

Bridget
mother to Anna Grace, age 6 months

smzapalac
05-23-2006, 08:48 PM
I have the Zippy and the Graco Snugride fit in it great. The strap is so tight that the seat didn't move at all. I can't say enough great things about the Zippy. I have taking it on a plane over 12 times and even the airlines haven't manages to wreck it (knock on wood). I would recommend the Zippy over the P3.

cynsteele
05-23-2006, 08:57 PM
I have the P3 and love it. I have the Snugride and I'm not sure I've managed to get it to snap in well by lifting on the snack tray as I had read you can do, but I've only tried once or twice. I actually have never used the strap either. I just set the carseat on the stroller and it has worked out fine - she's 3 1/2 months. when she's strapped into the carseat she doesn't move around at all, and to be honest I rarely use it on the stroller. She is much more comfy to be directly in the stroller so I do this whenever possible. It's a really comfortable stroller, very plush. She LOVES being right in it. I have done this since she was 1 week old the first time I took her out in it.

It can also stand up on its own, the front wheels don't need to be locked but they do need to swivel to do it, I usually just roll it a sec and they turn the correct way, only takes a split second.

Cynthia
Sabrina 2-8-06

gcampbell72
05-24-2006, 01:04 AM
I find the steering better on the P3 (the Zippy is hard to steer with one hand). I also found that I kicked the back of the Zippy when I walked (I'm 5'8"), but I've never had that happen with my P3.