PDA

View Full Version : Need help with double jogger choice

amydash
05-24-2006, 10:05 AM
I need a double jogger for my 3 year old and baby on the way. I want one with 16 inch wheels and don't want swivel wheels. I want something that has separate canopies and would really like one with seats that recline suitable for a newborn/young baby (I am not planning on jogging with it much and none of course at first, will be walking, but want the bigger wheels). Do you know which one would fit the bill best? I am looking at the dreamer design and baby jogger Q series but can't tell if they recline flat or almost flat (I looked at the BOB and it doesn't). It also needs to accomodate a larger child - my daughter is 40 inches tall and 40 pounds. I don't care as much about width/folding because it will 99% of the time remain set up and in our garage for neighborhood walks, with us occasionally taking it to the lake (jogging path).

Any advice is appreciated!!

mammabella
05-24-2006, 01:44 PM
Hi. See my post entitled "Help! Need Double Jogger and Have Tall Toddler." I'm in pretty much the same situation, although my baby is 9 months now.

I ended up getting the Dreamer Design Ditto and love it. Didn't see the Baby Jogger Q, but tried pretty much all the others. DDD was the only one my over 40" toddler would fit in. Not sure whether it is suitable for a brand new baby, though it does have very secure harness straps.

Good luck!
Stacy

amydash
05-25-2006, 09:44 AM
Thanks! I have been ready those posts. How far does the seat in your DD incline? I would just like to be able to use it in the early months when I am at home on maternity leave...

mammabella
05-26-2006, 11:21 AM
It definitely doesn't recline all the way back. It reclines far enough back that my 9 month old's head doesn't flop when she sleep, but I didn't have it when she was a tiny infant. It does have a huge harness, the biggest I've seen, so that should at least keep her in there snugly.

Have you checked out their website: www.dreamerdesign.net. They have lots of pictures on there, and their customer service is very responsive by email. They should be able to point you toward a dealer in your area so you can see one in person.

Stacy

gcampbell72
05-26-2006, 10:52 PM
I haven't had any luck finding a fixed-wheel jogger with 16"+ wheels that has both a full or close-to-full recline and seperate canopies. I think that the Kool Stop joggers have the best recline, but they only have a single canopy. Dreamer Design has a better recline than some of the others, but I think it's still only about 30 degrees or so.