PDA

View Full Version : Best lightweight stroller from birth?

skipspin
05-24-2006, 01:04 PM
I want to buy a stroller for my friend. He baby is due July 4th. She is using my Graco infant seat for a car seat and really likes the feel of the Maclaren they tried at BRU. She doesn't care if the stroller works with the infant seat.

Would ANY of the Mac's work for a newborn with a snuzzler? Are there any other options that would be similar. The P-3 is really larger than they want. Also, she is 5'1" and her DH isn't tall either so it can't be too tall of a stroller. They tried the Combi but didn't like the feel of it.

The only thing I could think of was a Zooper like my Rhumba, but they are a lot harder to find- and the Rhumba is discontinuted.

Thanks so much!

mariza
05-24-2006, 03:05 PM
The Mac Global and Techno's are suitable from birth from what I've seen online. I don't have any personal experience with these strollers though. www.albeebaby.com has some good sales on the 2005 models.
How about the Zooper Waltz? There is the Zooper twist too, but that one says to use from 3 months up. HTH!

carolines mommy
05-24-2006, 04:57 PM
I'll say the Mac Techno has really high handles even in the lowest position. I'm 5'7" and my arms are definitely bent while pushing the Mac. At 5'1" the handles may be too tall for her to push it comfortably. The P3 and the Mac Techno are essentially the same weight but the handles are slightly lower on the P3. How about a Pliko Lite?

Erika
Mommy to Caroline Nov 03 and Chelsea April 05

Joolsplus2
05-25-2006, 04:22 PM
And the pliko lite is cheap, too.... http://www.babyage.com/products/ippc28_peg_perego_peg_perego_2006_pliko_lite_strol ler.htm
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Nooknookmom
05-25-2006, 07:57 PM
I don't think a Pliko Lite reclines enough for a newborn. I'd stay w/ a p3. JMHO :)

skipspin
05-25-2006, 10:24 PM
Well, I sent her the links to the Plinko light and the maclaren techno to see what she thinks.

Would you say the handles on the techno are similar in height to the handles on the quest or triumph? She could go to BRU and try the height on those models, but no where here carries the techno :-( If the handles aren't too high I think that's what she would prefer.

If she can't use it for a month or two, but really likes it she would probable be interrested anyway. She is (I think) planning on using my Graco jogger with the infant seat to walk her dog for the first few weeks anyway and is willing to use the sling or carrier for other short trips.

Thanks!

BeachBaby
05-26-2006, 07:40 AM
I'm 5'1 or 2 and we have a Techno. I have no trouble pushing it. We used to have a Combi and the Techno is far and away easier to push and steer, even one-handed. My husband is 6'4 and loves the extending handles. FWIW, we also have a Volo. I think the handles might be a little lower on that, but can't be sure. My love for Macs is endless. ;)

I've never pushed a P3, but was checking one out that a friend received at her baby shower. This is totally JMO, but being on the smaller side, I would prefer the Techno because the P3 seemed like a much larger stroller. I like how the Techno is a full-featured stroller (flat recline, large hood, etc.) but at the same time appears stream-lined. Does that make sense? For all I know, the P3 and the Techno are exactly the same size; this is just my perception.

Anyway, hope that helps.

skipspin
05-26-2006, 12:51 PM
Thanks! I'll tell you that I would go with the techno personally...because this is making me want one! It sounds very similar to my Zooper Rhumba as far as features, and I love my stroller.