PDA

View Full Version : MBUD and doorways

writeleigh
05-24-2006, 06:51 PM
DH and I are TTC child #2. But you can see my immense stroller obsession by the fact I am already checking out various double strollers!

We live in the city with many a cracked sidewalk and many trips to the park (one block away from us). I really love the Mountain Buggy Urban Double's features and the wonderful reviews it gets.

I notice it says it measures 29" wide. Do any of you who use (or have used) this stroller have problems with it fitting through doorways or aisles?

A friend has a newborn and toddler and she is getting theE3. I am sooooo curious to try it out once it arrives :)

jb090101
05-25-2006, 12:47 PM
I just bought this stroller after tons of research for my twins. It is arriving on Saturday so I have not gotten to use it yet. But I have a Combi that is 29 inches and I rarely have a problem fitting through doors. I actually got the MBUD because cracked sidewalks, grass, etc are a problem for the Combi. I have not seen a side by side that is narrower than 29 or 28.5 inches - although it may be out there.
Good luck with #2!
Jess

writeleigh
05-25-2006, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the help. Well, that gives me more confidence. It seems like it should not be a problem. I guess I was thinking in comparison to the "stacked" seating on the E3, which allows it to be narrower, but I'm not sure DS would like the seat arrangement.

willow33
05-25-2006, 02:47 PM
Never had a problem with my MBUD and getting through doorways. I'm sure you will love it :)

writeleigh
05-25-2006, 03:14 PM
Thank you! Is it difficult to get it in and out of a standard trunk?

willow33
05-25-2006, 03:16 PM
I won't lie. It is heavy and cumbersome, but you can do it. We have an SUV so it fits fine, it's just hard to lift it that high to get it in. Depending on your trunk, it may take up the whole thing. It's such a nice stroller though that I almost think it's worth it. HTH!

writeleigh
05-25-2006, 03:34 PM
I think I am going to measure my trunk dimensions next time I go out there LOL. The thing is, I mainly use my stroller for neighborhood walking. Sometimes I need it for the zoo or something like that. I suppose I could figure out if I need an inexpensive, "car stroller" later down the line.