PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who likes Peg Perego strollers?

my3fallkiddos
05-25-2006, 04:18 PM
I have a Peg Perego Tender Twin MT, a Peg Perego Aria GM and I just ordered a Peg Perego P3 in Anice (that matches my Aqua Stripe ST :)) for when DS#1 wants to hop onto the toddler board. Obviously, I like Peg strollers ;)

But I was doing a quick search here yesterday before ordering my P3 and it seems a lot people dislike the Aria and the TT double stroller. More parents like the P3 though. And a neighbor gave away her Primo Viaggio stroller because she disliked it; she only uses Maclarens now (I do own a Volo and a Quest as well and they are great except for the tipping factor).

So am I the one of the few who actually like most of the Peg strollers? I had a Venezia with DD years ago that I loved. When the boys get older (8 months and 2 years) and want to sit sbs I may even get the Aria Twin.

Anyone else a Peg Perego fan?

klass2
05-25-2006, 05:31 PM
I've had several strollers (Graco, Evenflo and 1 cheapo umbrella stroller, then a Graco Duoglider, Peg P3, Mac Twin Traveler, Mac Quest and now a P&T E3).

Of all my strollers, if I had to keep just one, I would keep the Peg Perego P3.

It works for an infant, a toddler, I can let one toddler use the footboards on the back. It doesn't tip when I put a diaper bag on it (this drives me crazy w/the Quest) and it folds up small. The fabric is plush and it handles nicely.

It doesn't fold or steer 1 handed, but there is really no perfect stroller. Otherwise, I would only have 1! LOL

I debated getting the Aria Twin a few years back but went with the Mac TT instead. I liked the solid feeling of the TT better and the umbrella fold, despite the bigger underseat basket and snack trays that I liked in the Aria Twin.

Lots of rambling here. But I'm a Peg fan too!

let73
05-25-2006, 06:19 PM
We love our Peg P3!! I think it is a great all around stroller-we even use it for walks around the neighborhood. I like that it has hooks that allow you to hang your diaper bag on the stroller. We can also hang shopping bags on the handles. I've never had any problems with it tipping. I think that you will be pleased with your P3 that you just ordered!

Lisa

hardysmom
05-26-2006, 11:04 AM
P3s are very popular.

The Aria singles also have fans, though the Aria Twin is pretty bad (IMO).

For many of us old-timers, Venezias and Milanos were our first strollers. While many of us eventually graduated to lighter (and maybe more maneuverable) umbrellas, many of us hold them dear to our hearts.

I had a Milano with my older DS I loved, though the steering wasn't as good as some others and it did get stuck on bumps. I loved the "bed on wheels" aspect, reversible handle, and cushy seat and it remained our primary travel stroller long after it was retired as the every-day top dog.

In general, tandem doubles are not well-loved on this board, though if a vote was held, I think the Duette and TT would edge out other comparable models. In other words, the issue isn't Peg Perego, it is tandem strollers.

So no, you are not alone. Many love PP.

Stephanie

pixiepower
05-26-2006, 07:21 PM
I love Peg strollers. I have owned a Venezia and it was my absolute favorite stroller aside from my Aprica. The only Peg stroller I do not likie is the Aria. If I ever had twins I would have gotten a Duette. Heavy, yes, but worth it in every way! Don't feel alone! It seems most here are looking for the lightest weight strollers. That just isn't me. Everyone has different needs. I don't live in an apartment building so I don't need to be able to maneuver stairs, I have a car so no public transportation. I don't do alot of quick errands so no real need for something lightweight in and out of the car. And, I don't care if it is car seat compatible. I lay my babies in their strollers from day one! Peg makes great strollers for all my needs.