PDA

View Full Version : Looking for info on the Jane Power Twin double stroller

missmelis01
05-25-2006, 08:12 PM
A friend from NYC sent me a link about the Jane Power Twin, which is apparently the new popular double stroller in the City. However, I can't find a lot of information on it, like whether it will accomodate an infant carseat (I have the Graco Snug Ride). Nor can I find any reviews on it, like how it handles sidewalks, how easy it is to fold, etc.

Has anyone seen one of these IRL? If anyone has any info on the Jane Power Twin, I'd appreciate it.

I was all set to buy the Valco double, but the Jane Power Twin would be better for shopping and I think it's lighter than the Valco.

And I'm sorry if this topic has been covered before, but the search feature is pretty poor and returns every single stroller post instead of weeding through! :-)

Ohio_Mom
05-25-2006, 08:25 PM
The Powertwin isn't for sale yet in the USA. I think it's supposed to be released in June, but that's not certain as it was originally supposed to be ready last year and they've kept pushing the date back again and again. It sounds like this time they're definitely going to be out in June, though. So keep your eyes peeled! Once they're officially for sale, you're going to end up seeing a lot more reviews and better "real life" information on the product.

missmelis01
05-25-2006, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the reply! I found a couple sites where it is on sale, including a place in NYC, where I think many of the City Mama's are buying the stroller.

Here's the 1 link my friend sent:
http://www.schneidersbaby.com/store/detail.php?RECORD_KEY%28ensearch%29=ID&ID(ensearch)=52154

And here's another I came across:
http://www.sugartownbabies.com/StorePramsJane.html

The latter site indicates the stroller comes with a carseat adapter, but doesn't specify which carseats it is compatible with.

But, based on your reply, I won't expect anyone to comment with their IRL reviews! :-)

Thanks!

Ohio_Mom
05-26-2006, 01:49 AM
Interesting! I had no idea that anywhere was selling the Janes! FWIW, based in the colors those are the European versions. The US versions come in solid red, navy, blue, or silver. They also will have slightly larger seats with a higher weight limit (45 vs. 33, I think). So if you're seriously thinking about the Jane, it may be worth waiting for the US version. However, it would definitely be worth a test drive at one of the places that sells the Euro version, because I'm sure the push would be practically identical. HTH!

BaileyBea
05-26-2006, 12:19 PM
I went into USABaby today because they were listed as a Jane PowerTwin reseller. The owner told me that USABaby has not started selling the powertwin because the company has not purchased Liability Insurance in the US yet.

So until they get all their insurance situation fixed not too many retails will be selling them. This is probably why the Jane PT launch date keeps getting moved later and later.

missmelis01
05-26-2006, 01:02 PM
Ugh! Thanks so much for the info. I guess I'll hang in there and try and wait a little longer. Of course now, though, I really, really want one! :D

dbianca23
05-26-2006, 03:19 PM
also -- the carseat adaptor isn't supposed to be out until sept. so if you get it in june, you may not be able to use the bucket with it. i believe the euro one takes the jane carseat (which won't be available here). i've ordered mine and i'm itching to get it to see if my pp seat works.

marshmallow
05-29-2006, 02:35 PM
I contacted a retailer and they told me that this stroller ONLY accepts the jane power twin car seat -- which isn't legal in north america yet. They're working on a new car seat adapter, but who knows when that will be ready.