PDA

View Full Version : I was actually impressed with an Evenflo stroller this week

hudsonam
05-26-2006, 08:35 AM
I never hear anything about them here, so I was surprised, but man is that thing loaded! My cousin has two kids and gave my parents their old Evenflo stroller to use with my son, and they had it out this week. I couldn't believe all the trays and cup holders, and the basket is HUGE!!! The seat looked slightly shallow though, unless it's just the way my son was sitting. I'm sure it's heavy and bulky when folded, but it was pretty luxurious as far as "extras" go. I was surprised.

marshmallow
05-29-2006, 02:32 PM
Which one were you looking at?
I have the Aura stroller & embrace car seat combo. I hate it. I basically bought it because every graco stroller was navy, and I really hate blue. I looked at some higher end strollers and didn't think they were 'all that' either...sigh. here's what I hate:

The 's' shape handle on the carseat is actually really awkward.
The car seat doesn't come out of the base well. And it can't be used without the base.
The fabric is pretty, but kind of cheap. After 5 months of light useage it's already ripping where the stroller hits the ground when we fold it.
It's super easy to fold, but terrible to pick up when folded. And it takes everything I have in me to lift it up and put it into the SUV. If it had to go inside a trunk I'd NEVER be able to lift it out on my own.
The seat doesn't recline flat. I just assumed they all did.
There's no extendable leg rest. once again assumed they all had this. I also assumed the car seat had the up-front strap adjustment--nope.
It has great steering though -- I like the one hand steer handle. TONS of storage (great for shopping at the mall), and the suspension seems really good to me. Parking lots here have tons of pot holes and it does fine.
The really sad thing is this stroller was the most expensive single stroller in the store. I could have had a peg perego for a few bucks more, but a friend complained about hers so we didn't do it.

hudsonam
05-29-2006, 07:23 PM
I'm not sure which one it was, and I've only pushed it once, so I'm not a good reference really, but I couldn't believe all the bells and whistles! I have a Peg which I got on sale at the time, and I didn't love it at first, but now I like it a lot.