PDA

View Full Version : Where can I test drive Transit Tandem???

lunababy
05-26-2006, 08:58 PM
Hi. I trekked my newborn and 2yo over to Target today to give the Eddie Bauer Transit a test drive. (Not an easy task) When did they start chaining up all their stupid strollers????!! I almost lost it. What is the point of looking at a stroller. I can do that online. I wanted to go for a spin, fold it up, etc. Rats!

So anyone know what other retailers carry either the Eddie Bauer or Safety 1st versions? How about the Compass version and/or Marco Sky? I think they are all comparable.

Thanks. I live in Chicago/Oak Park.

PS - I have a 33 lb toddler and a 12 lb 2mo. Anyone know total weight on these strollers? I think I saw 40 lbs on the box - is that right? Or maybe for each kid? If it's total I'm way over already.

willow33
05-27-2006, 08:33 AM
Not sure where, but I bought the Compass one on Target.com and returned it. It is HUGE and the seats are extremely wide. Just thought I would give you a quick review.

mariza
05-27-2006, 12:28 PM
I've seen them (Compass) in the Baby Depot at Burlington Coat Factory

pritchettzoo
05-27-2006, 07:52 PM
They had the Compass at The Baby's Room/USA Baby (I think it's a national chain.) It was HUGE and clumsy without any kids in it. When I added my two, I couldn't manuever it at all. Two BIG thumbs down. The Graco tandem at BRU (so beat up and probably not put together correctly) handled better.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03) and Eli (July '05)

heatherlynn
05-27-2006, 08:53 PM
How are you planning to use the stroller and how much do you want to spend? Quite honestly, there are much better options than these. I had a Marco Sky and I'm much happier using either my Mac RT or my e3.

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04
dd 11/05

marshmallow
05-29-2006, 02:39 PM
I too want to hear more info on the Transit Tandem. I haven't found anyone in Canada that sells it yet (in store or online).
I'm debating between this and the E3. I initally was all for the E3 because it's carseat compatible -- but then I found out that if you put the carseat in it, then there is no 2nd seat. So I might as well get the Transit tandem since it's not carseat compatible either.