PDA

View Full Version : What is the Most you'd Consider Spending on a Stroller

writeleigh
05-27-2006, 08:04 AM
I was thinking about this today. What if someone designed a stroller that fit your every need - what if it were the Holy Grail of strollers for you. What would be your price limit - would you be willing to spend $1000? More? Less? Why/Why not?

pixiepower
05-27-2006, 09:43 AM
Probably around $600-$700. I figure I could buy 2 strollers for that and if I found one that fit all my needs I would be willing to spend that much. So far we have spent $700. That is on 2 though. So far it has worked. Will there ever be a stroller that fits every need???

MNmomtobe
05-27-2006, 11:36 AM
I don't think such a stroller could ever exist. This is why: I would want a stroller that...
1. Had a nice cushy seat for child with full recline, great if bassinet attachment.
2. Reversible seat or handles
3. Excellent steering
4. Good storage
5. Infant seat compatible for those quick in and out trips
5. Adjustable footrest
5. Folded up compactly for the car
6. Child's tray and parent's tray
7. Great indoors and outdoors
8. Excellent canopy with peekaboo window
9. Very lightweight

Right now I have two strollers that together meets almost all these needs except for the compact fold and they are not as lightweight as I would like. A third stroller should take care of that.
Yes, one stroller that had all of the above features that I am looking for would be worth lots of money to me. However, I would be reluctant to shell out more than $500 for it because I would constantly worry about it being stolen/damaged and how much it would cost to replace. The worry wouldn't be worth it to me. At least if something happened to one of three strollers I wouldn't be out too much to replace it. This is why I have never looked twice at a Bugaboo. I am probably in the minority here but I would rather spend $1000 on several different strollers that together met all my needs.

my3lilgals
05-30-2006, 09:00 PM
Hmm, well, the one that met ALL my needs would probably be priceless, as it would have to have magical powers and everything.

See, I'd want it to...

-- be plush and comfy for napping children
-- be incredibly strong and durable for outdoor, all-terrain use
-- steer one-handed
-- be really light
-- fold up really small
-- fold up one-handed
-- full recline
-- good sunshade
-- be really cool looking
-- be able to turn from a single to a double and back again, on the fly
-- be able to somehow accommodate an older kid who wouldn't be caught dead RIDING in a baby carriage, but occasionally needs to hitch a ride also

If anyone knows of a stroller that can do all that, I'd be willing to sell my soul for it! lol..

marshmallow
05-31-2006, 06:53 PM
A lot. Probaby $2000 if i KNEW it would be perfect and last for all my children. But i'd never find one that met all my requirements.

LIGHTWEIGHT!!
converts to a double (TANDEM not side by side)
suitable for newborn and toddler at same time. (E3 can't have carseat and toddler at same time)
has room for the kids to grow.
storage
nice looking
steers well
won't break down
reversible handle
doesn't make me buy all kinds of expensive accessories.
folds compactly

The idea of the phil & ted E3, but not so ugly
the looks of a bumble ride flyer, & conversion to bassinet, but for 2 kids
The toddler seat of the bumble ride queen b, but with a better weight capacity, lighter, and not those big wheels.
Light weight & compact fold like a maclaren

I think if the queen b was lighter, folder smaller, and held more weight in the toddler seat, steered well and all that jazz I'd pay $2000 for it. Same if the Flyer was a double, and weighed under 30lbs.

writeleigh
05-31-2006, 07:33 PM
>
>I think if the queen b was lighter, folder smaller, and held
>more weight in the toddler seat, steered well and all that
>jazz I'd pay $2000 for it.

That's how I feel too. I wish the toddler seat held up to 45 lbs.