PDA

View Full Version : Combi Cosmo ST or Chicco C5 for traveling

jacobsmommy
05-27-2006, 03:35 PM
I am trying to decide between the Combi Cosmo ST and Chicco C5 for traveling this summer. We will be traveling by plane so I need a stroller that works well with air travel. I don't want to spend alot of money. When I was shopping around online I discovered there would be about a $16 difference (Chicco more expensive) between the two strollers when discounts and shipping costs (or lack there of) were taken into account. Is it worth it to spend the extra money on the Chicco? I am also considering buying a travel bag for the stroller. I found a cheap one for the Combi ($12.95) at OneStepAhead. The other bags I found were more expensive. Is it worth it to buy a more expensive bag?

Thank you for your help.

Stephanie

emily_gracesmama
05-27-2006, 05:12 PM
I just got a Chicco Tuscany for $50, w/ free shipping from babysupermarket.com It think it is the predecessor to the chicco c5, but supposedly better, with a more solid back. I am so happy with it, very very well made and what a great price. Do some searches and see what other say, but it was great deal and I am very glad I got one.

Joolsplus2
05-27-2006, 06:16 PM
haha. im having the same dilemma...im slightly leaning toward the chicco... but i have a mac volo that will actually work...shucks.

:P
:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

jacobsmommy
05-27-2006, 06:40 PM
I thought about the Mac Volo also, but I really want a lightweight stroller that reclines.

In regard to the post about the Chicco Tuscany/London, I thought I have read that that model is slightly heavier than the C5. Do you find it heavy?

Stephanie

AddiesMom
05-28-2006, 05:44 AM
I have the Cosmo DX and my MIL has the Chicco C5. I bought the bag at One Step and it didn't fit my stroller, but I think the wheels are larger on the DX & EX and smaller on the ST and the one at One Step. Here are my pros and cons:

Cosmo: very easy to fold, compact fold for travel, wheels don't flop when folded. Carrying stap makes for easy travel in airport, subways, etc... Fits in rental cars better and stands upright when folded. Full recline. Wheel size depends on the model. Hight of handle is very short :(

C5: much longer when folded, might be akward when folded. Has large wheels, partial recline. Partail recline. Handle height is high :)

Joolsplus2
05-28-2006, 06:37 AM
Yeah, bought the Volo for my DD1 when she was 2... and am finding my 4 mo doesn't flop in it much, plus my infant seat fits in it for a makeshift travel system in the airport. Still...for $54 the Cosmo is tempting...
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx