PDA

View Full Version : How did you mark/identify your stroller for traveling?

gogo548
05-28-2006, 02:20 PM
We just purchased a MacLaren Pink Fleur (yeah!) for our DD for our upcoming vacation overseas. We will probably be checking it in since we will be bringing a car seat for the plane. Regardless, we need to mark it somehow other than the airlines tagging.

Any suggestions? (Other than slipping a business card inside pockets.)

TIA

gogo

christiab
05-28-2006, 03:13 PM
I wrote my name/phone number on a hidden place w/ a Sharpie. I figure if it gets lost, I can tell them where to look for ID info.

I also taped a business card on the uprights with clear tape.

dhano923
05-28-2006, 09:14 PM
Will you be gate checking it or checking it in with your luggage? If checking it in with luggage, I would wrap it in bubble wrap and then use blue painter's tape on it. Then go over that with the clear tape. You'll be able to spot it easily on the baggage carousel or on the ground (depending on what airport you are flying to/from since not all international airports have carousels).

For additional ID info, put a couple 3x5 cards in the stroller before you bubble wrap it, then also put one on top of the bubble wrap and then wrap securely with tape.

marshmallow
05-31-2006, 06:43 PM
Gee, I didn't mark mine at all.
They tagged it when we checked our luggage, then we took it right up to the gate with us. Right before you cross the airwalk to get on the plane they take it from you.
Then when you get off they have it waiting for you right off the plane.... not once did they check to see if the stroller we were taking actually belonged to us though.

I would never check the stroller with the luggage. My husband travels for golf a lot and his clubs still get broken at least every other trip, and they are in a HARD plastic travel case. And the airlines don't pay for any of the damage.

dhano923
06-01-2006, 01:56 AM
I normally gate check my stroller too, but I wasn't sure if the OP was going to check it with her luggage or at the gate. I usually just put a luggage tag on it and have the agent put a "gate check" tag on it and that's it. I use it in the airport and then take it to the gate with me, fold it, and hand it over (I use a Triumph when I travel).

I had seen someone else check theirs with their baggage and they had wrapped it in bubble wrap with tape over it, which is why I suggested it.