PDA

View Full Version : Combi Twin Savvy EX - too reclined for toddlers?

iujen94
05-29-2006, 12:15 PM
We are still trying to find the "perfect" double stroller (which as you all know, DOES NOT EXIST!!!) The Combi Twin Savvy EX seems to be the best match for us overall (2 1/2 year old DS and DS #2 due any day) but I had a question for those who have this stroller - we went to see one IRL today and the seats did not sit straight up and down - they were still pretty reclined even when pushed as far forward as they would go. Is this going to bother my 2 1/2 year old? Also, do the footrests seem "short" (up high compared to the seat height) for a toddler? Last question - is the 2006 model a pain to fold up (we were able to do it at the store, but it wasn't super easy - I just wonder if it'll seem easier as we get the hang of it). Thanks to anyone with input on these issues or this stroller in general!!

iujen94
05-31-2006, 06:47 PM
Bumping in hopes of getting some feedback. Thanks!

CarrieMaro
06-01-2006, 09:48 AM
I tried this stroller at the store the other day and felt that the seats do recline too much in the "straight up" position for my 19 month old toddler. His Inglesina Zippy isn't straight up either, but we manage fine. I think the recline on the Twin Savvy is more pronounced and as he gets older I think it will bother him more. I'm leaning toward the Maclaren Twin Techno mostly for this reason.

Hope that helps,

Carrie

samiam
06-01-2006, 10:10 AM
I bought one and returned it - the recline did bother my almost 3 year old, who is used to being more upright. I also found it difficult to fold. Folding it down was easy but trying to do the second fold (where it folds in half) wasn't easy. I'm sure it gets easier with practice though.