PDA

View Full Version : for those with a Zooper Tango

CarrieMaro
05-29-2006, 12:41 PM
Does the bench seat pose any problems for your little ones? This summer we'll have a newborn and a 21 month old. I'm trying to decide between the Tango and the Maclaren Twin Techno.

kboyle
05-30-2006, 09:08 PM
DS1 had just turned 2 when DS2 was born and the bench seat didn't really pose a problem for him...his problem was his brother all together :) When in a good mood, the seat worked out fine, most of the time, he just didn't want to be near his brother at all.

I thought the same thing about the bench seat, as long as you dont have a "big" toddler, it should work out!

staramama
06-05-2006, 07:36 PM
I can relate to the PP :) the bench seat on the Tango doesn't seem to be an issue for my DS; it is his sister's existence that bothers him. *sigh*
They are exactly 2 years apart. It is slowly getting better--at 7 months old, DD is so darn cute, and her worship of him so pure, that he is starting to be drawn in.
I was initially worried that the bench seat would be a problem. DD DOES like to rest her hand on his leg while they ride-- DS either pushes it away, pretends to not notice, or even holds her hand. I think that if two kids are seated next to each other, a thin divider (such as on other SBS strollers) won't prevent much contact. Last weekend while in Central Park I got to observe plenty of double stroller action-- one older child, in the back seat of a tandem, reached forward and randomly whacked his infant brother in the head. No solution is perfect!
The only time I grumble about the Tango is when I'm lifting it into the back of my car. It is heavy and rather awkward to lift. It handles like a dream, though.
HTH