PDA

View Full Version : Double Stroller Help Needed!

marshmallow
05-29-2006, 03:09 PM
I currently have a 5 month old. I plan on having baby #2 when he is about 18 months old. So I imagine I will need a double stroller. Here's my thoughts/requirements.

MUST be a tandem stroller. I have a hard enough time getting a single between the aisles at the mall, and I'm a huge shopper. The mall & grocery store is the only time the stroller will get used.

Must weigh less than 30 lbs.

Must accommodate an infant (either with or without carseat)

Phil & Ted E3
I hate the look of 3 wheel strollers.
This one attracts me because it is car seat adaptable, but since it can't hold a carseat AND toddler at the same time, that's kind of useless to me.
I've heard that the child in the back can hurt his hands on the wheels.
The 2nd seat has to be removed to fold it.
absolutely no storage in 2-child mode. I think the pannier bags are ugly, so i'm not considering it. Especially since i paid the $$ for my Fleurville and love it.
If the baby is laying flat inside, and toddler is up in front, I have to take the baby right out when they get hungry. I like to just walk while holding the bottle.
Pretty pricey.

Bumbleride queen bee
Too heavy, Doesn't fold small.
Don't like the pram-look wheels, but it has storage!
Love the toddler seat idea
Looks great, other than the metal basket & huge wheels
Heard that it steers horribly.

Safety 1st travel tandem
Not car seat adaptable
Back seat reclines enough for newborn though
Not a lot of storage, but more than E3
Light weight -- for a double.
Concerned that it is too cheap. I don't use a stroller for casual walking or jogging, but it does need to last for a couple more kids.

What's your advice? Right now I hate my current full size single so much I want to ditch it and buy the bumbleride flyer and a new car seat to go with it. That means I'll own my old stroller, the bumbleride, a mac triumph, plus any double I get in the future.
Strollers are too expensive to own this many of them. Why oh why has no company made a product that doesn't force a person to comprimise?
I live in a huge city, but peg peregos are 'the thing' here pretty much, so it's hard to find all these other brands I see online instore somewhere so I can try it out.

Joolsplus2
05-29-2006, 03:54 PM
Valco Runabout with Toddler seat?
I think you might just as well hold out for a Duoglider when you have bb #2, it's the only one with a big basket you can walk along holding a bottle in their mouth.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx