PDA

View Full Version : Return P3 for I'coo Infinity--Your opinion please

mommyapb
05-29-2006, 04:24 PM
Hello Everyone:

I currently have a P3 for my mall stroller and a Zooper Zydeco for neighborhood walks. I love my Zooper but am less than thrilled with the P3. I have had to return the stroller (P3) 2x for faulty wheels and the one I have now the front left wheel still jiggles when I push the stroller. I am contemplating returning the P3 and buying an Infinity stroller. My only concern is that the Infinity does not have the snack tray and I don't know if I will miss that once dd is older. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I also want to mention that dd has severe GERD/reflux and must stay at 45 degree angle at all times so I think the I'coo would be much more comfortable for her.

Thanks Again!

Amelia
dd Evangeline 3/15/06

sobers3
05-29-2006, 06:04 PM
You can get a carry you snack tray to fit on the Infinity. Lets Go Strolling sells them.

chicagojo
05-29-2006, 09:09 PM
Too funny - just last week I had both a brand-new P3 and a brand-new Infinity sitting in my living room as I tried to make up my mind to decide which one to keep (and I also own a Zydeco!) I ended up keeping the Infinity but I'd say it does have several disadvantages vs. the P3: 1) the canopy on the P3 is 1000 times better than the one on the Infinity, 2) No toddler board on the Infinity (doesn't sound like you need that now anyway, though), and 3) fold on the Infinity is significantly bigger and stroller is heavier than P3. So you might want to think about whether any of those things are going to bother you as you make your decision.

Based on my experience with my older DD, I don't really think you'll miss the snack tray too much. Only one of my collection of strollers has a snack tray and although I suppose it's nice to have, I don't think it's a necessity. I just bought a snack trap and a no-spill cup with handles, both of which I attached to the stroller straps with links when she was younger. Now that she is older, she realizes that if she lets her snack items fall out, they're gone, and you'd be amazed at how well she always manages to hold onto them. You can also always buy an add-on snack tray.

Good luck with your decision! I'm actually still second-guessing whether I should have kept the P3 instead of the Infinity...funny that there's someone else out there also trying to choose between them, since they are 2 very different strollers. I wish I could justify keeping both!

mommyapb
05-30-2006, 04:37 PM
Jo:

Thanks for info. I was doing some further research and read that the stroller is only for use with infants 6 months or older. Do you know if that is correct? It looks from the picture that you could put an infant in it and just recline the seat. Am I right? I am planning on going to BRU this evening to check it out. Also, what color did you end up purchasing? Originally I was thinking pink, but it looks a little 80's hot pink online so I might go with the green.

Thanks again,

Amelia
dd Evangeline 3/15/06

chicagojo
05-31-2006, 08:46 AM
Well, I just looked at the manual and it does say 6 months and older, but I honestly don't see why it couldn't be used with a younger baby since the seat reclines perfectly flat. Also, it does come with a Graco Snugride adapter bar, so if you happen to have that carseat, you could just use it with the Snugride for the first 6 mos (this is what I have been doing for DS, and DD rides in the seat).

I got the green - it was the only color I was able to see IRL and my daughter fell in love with it. It's a lime green, kind of bright, but I like it especially since all my other strollers are much more subdued colors.

mommyapb
05-31-2006, 10:30 AM
I went to BRU last night & put dd in the stroller. She seemed more comfortable in the infinity vs the P3. So we decided to go that route. I took a gamble and ordered the pink off the website. It will be here on Friday so I'll know then how bright the color is then. I have a britax companion infant carseat so I can't use the adaptor but I don't think it should be a huge issue since most of the time I take dd out of the carseat & place her in the stroller. If I find that to be a problem later I can always get a snap & go.

Thanks again for the help.

Amelia
dd Evangeline 3/15/06

mommyapb
06-05-2006, 10:52 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know that I received my I'coo Infinity on Friday. The pink color is very nice, bold but not bright. My dd is very comfy in the stroller & will nap in it no problem. The best feature of all is that it pushes like a dream & turns effortlessly! I am completely in love with this stroller & would highly recommend it to anyone.

Thanks again for everyone's help.