PDA

View Full Version : Stroller with travel

bethie_73
05-29-2006, 06:08 PM
Do I take my Inglesina Zippy on the plane with me or do I get a cheep-o to bring. I like that my stroller is very covered... going to Vegas in July and DS will be 5 mos then. But I really like my stroller and I don't want it broken. Any travel with stroller feedback?

TIA
Beth

CarrieMaro
05-29-2006, 07:17 PM
I've traveled with my Zippy a few times and with a backpack carrier many times. I love being able to gate-check the baby transportation! I did have one unfortunate incident on United -- it looked like they dragged the corner of the bottom of the seat on the tarmac and it left a small tear in the fabric. I get mad every time I look at it. Every other time, though, it's been treated well (mostly Southwest flights).

I think instead of buying another stroller, I'd just get one of those stroller bags to check it in -- or even a big plastic bag. Of course, now that I think about it, it may be hard to get it into the bag if you're flying by yourself with the baby. In that case, it may be better just to get a little umbrella stroller if you're worried about damage.

Just some thoughts!