PDA

View Full Version : Help with Double Stroller Decision

AEJ2221
07-02-2006, 08:18 PM
I need help with my decision. I know that I want a side by side all terrain double stroller. Here are my choices:
2005 model MBUD
2006 model BJCSD
and I recently came upon the Dreamer Design 2006 Ditto Manhattan Deluxe. Does anyone have any info on this stroller, does it even take a newborn. This will be for a newborn and a 16 month old. For me the downside of the MBUD and BJCSD are price and the BJCSD does not accept an infant carrier. The price on the Dreamer Design is great and although I do not think it can handle a carrier, I can overlook it if the product is good... I also have until September/October to purchase it...
Thanks for any help!
Ann Elizabeth

marchmommy
07-12-2006, 10:24 PM
anyone have any feedback yet on the new Dreamer Design Ditto Manhattan Deluxe????
(bump)

strollerqueen
07-13-2006, 03:42 AM
The quality of the Dreamer is not at the same level as the MBUD, or even the BJCSD.

Ohio_Mom
07-13-2006, 06:53 AM
Between the two you mentioned, I'd go with the '06 Baby Jogger. The 2005 MBUD's all have a recall against them for faulty handles, and so far very few people have had good luck in getting them repaired or replaced (the repair has to be done through local ill-informed bike shops, which is turning out to be a real mess). I'd save myself all the headache of the recall and just go for the 2006 BJCSD. Plus, if you wait until August to make your purchase, the new Baby Jogger colors will be out (light blue, lilac, pale green, pink) which I think are reeeeally cute! :) I saw them available for pre-order on the http://www.letsgostrolling.com website and thought they looked awesome!

HTH!

MarieBunny
07-15-2006, 12:39 PM
I don't own any of these but looked into these options myself. The Dreamer Design is a few inches wider than some of the other models, although it is lighter. That could be a problem for indoor use. I have seen the BJCSD IRL and it is smooth and the fold is awesome. The MBUD I have never seen IRL but it seems almost perfect for a side by side, narrow width, holds infant carseat. I would have to go with the 2006 though because of the higher canopy. That price is tough to swallow!

The SBS models just seemed so wide to me, and I was hoping to get away with one as my only double. I couldn't imagine hauling it in and out of the car and wheeling around a mall. So I ended up getting a Valco Runabout 2005 with toddler seat. I can't comment on the doubles use yet as my next DC isn't born yet. But I am getting a ton of use with my toddler so far this summer. Good luck with your decision! It is a hard one!